Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-05 06:28:48

Em

Search Icons - want to move to footer

Hi, Getting ce4 going and I may be asking more Qs along the way.

1) How do I move the "share" section to the footer. Right now it is just under the main top nav menu/links where the default puts it. I only want to use the ones where others can share and not the ones where I provide links to my own sharing. Anyway, I don't like them up top and so stated on the page. So please, can I move them?

2) Can I just go into the page/s and move a div section to the footer with a text editor. Reading the .php plugin "hooks" documentation it sounds like I can't just go into a .php web page (for example "about", etc) and just move or add html or divs around? I did check the use phplugins.

3) If I go turn Off the phplugins what would happen. What I mean is will the program then generat .html pages and not .php pages. I was confused about this. Somewhere I think I read that enabling phplugins would make the web pages be .php. But wasn't clear if they would be .html or could be .html otherwise?

4) Just learning about "Markdown"? I am versed in html, so for doing custom appearance for example in my description area I think I read it will allow html or markdown? Any real benefit or need for me to learn how to use markdown at this point for minor html tweeks?

I am still figuring our how to make an album now, but will leave those possible Qs for another time. I do have the pages, gallery, and search at least working.

Thank you in advance, Em

Last edited by Em (2014-10-05 10:17:17)

#2 2014-10-05 10:24:25

rod barbee
Website

Re: Search Icons - want to move to footer

) How do I move the "share" section to the footer.

the plug-in allows two locations: Beneath Navigation and End of the Block. Otherwise you can export and put the page online, look at the source code and copy the relevant code, then use phplugins to place it where you wish.

2) Can I just go into the page/s and move a div section to the footer with a text editor.

you can try. It will be overwritten the next time you export though. Probably easier to do with phplugins.

3) If I go turn Off the phplugins what would happen. What I mean is will the program then generat .html pages and not .php pages.

All pages from Pages export as php no matter what. Turning off phplugins won't affect this. I believe that only CE4 Gallery can export as html, and only if certain features are not enabled. I believe these are marked with a warning icon in the plugin interface.

4) Just learning about "Markdown"? I am versed in html, so for doing custom appearance for example in my description area I think I read it will allow html or markdown?

for those not wishing to mess with html, Markdown is easier to use. But if you already know html, there's no problem in using it. You can't use Markdown within html tags though.

BUT in ce4 I couldn't find any /api/ directory anywhere in the publisher directory. SO, how do I set a password for LR to communicate on the upload with publisher?

You do it in the Publisher settings online via ttg-be. Log into your ttg-be, go to the Dashboard drop down: Publisher Admin. Click on the Publisher Settings link. Then click Edit Settings. You'll find the API stuff under "Other"

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer