Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-03 22:45:06

Dankid

Another Publisher (human) upload error

Hey,
I foolishly deleted a folder off the FTP. I stopped publisher, as I realised I made a mistake, and deleted the folder/file from FTP. As soon as I did it, I realised my mistake.
I managed to set the folders back up again and got it running but now I have 44 spaces where images should be. Are you able to help me clean up this folder?
http://danchildsphotography.com/images/
It is password protected. How can I get the password to you?

#2 2014-10-03 22:51:52

Ben

Re: Another Publisher (human) upload error

Hi Dan, have you tried republishing the images to that gallery?
You can get the password to me either by clicking the PM or Email link under my picture on the left.

#3 2014-10-04 20:38:11

Dankid

Republish didn't work but a full delete of the album via Publisher and re-upload did the trick.
Cheers for your time.

#4 2014-10-05 00:07:05

Ben

Hi Dan, I took a look at the gallery you provided via PM, and found there was a mismatch in the file naming.  Specifically, the gallery itself referenced standard files such as MPIX140927002.jpg, yet the uploaded files looked like MPIX140927002_v1.jpg.

Files with _v1 (and _v2, etc.) are created when virtual copies are used.  Lightroom doesn't provide a naming scheme for virtual copies, so we created this scheme to prevent name collision.  Do you recall whether you changed the versions of published files to use virtual copies?  Publisher shouldn't have a problem if you had, so I'm interested in working out the scenario that could have led to the mismatch of file naming.

Board footer