Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-18 08:24:05

jackmcbride

PayPal Error Msg.

I tried to make a real purchase from my gallery and received a "PayPal problem processing request" msg.
Detailed Error Msg.    Security Header
Short Error Msg.      Security Error
Error Code               10002

Is this something I have to go to PayPal to resolve or have you seen this before?

JackMcB

#2 2014-09-18 13:56:33

Ben

Re: PayPal Error Msg.

Hi Jack, this is usually caused by entering in the PayPal fields incorrectly, or having a mismatch of the Paypal Deployment type and the credentials entered.
If you are using your credentials from paypal.com, then make sure to enter them into the fields Paypal Live API Username, Paypal Live API Password and Paypal Live API Signature.  Also make sure to set PayPal Deployment to 'Live'.

#3 2014-09-19 03:00:03

jackmcbride

Thanks Ben,

I copied and pasted the API Signature data, because the "Signature" contains characters that could either be an upper case "i" or a lower case "L" which both look the same on the screen, and that solved the connection and sale problem.

The PayPal Tech Support person wouldn't address this possibility, instead she said I had to buy a $30/month Professional Subscription if I wanted my cart to work. The PayPal Tech Reps probably get a bonus for needlessly up-selling customers.

After the PayPal sale went through I was taken back to my Cart for a final review and approval, with instructions to hit the pay now button again. When I did that I got a page of PHP code starting with "fsockopen()php-network" etc. And PayPal rejected this as a second purchase. 

And finally this Final Review page included an advertising message from "Coupons.com" at the top of the page. Who authorized that?

So it all sort of works now, but not without some glitches and confusion.

And finally is there some place where copy can be inserted that tells customers that they can use any credit card to make a PayPal purchase. The PayPal screen minimizes this option for buyers.

Thanks,
JackMcB

Last edited by jackmcbride (2014-09-19 04:01:45)

#4 2014-09-19 06:00:27

rod barbee
Website

You can always add some copy to the block in the cart via phplugins
See: http://community.theturninggate.net/top … alisation/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2014-09-19 13:19:51

jackmcbride

Thanks Rod,
Where are the PHP Plugins?
I can use Dreamweaver to do text editing, if I know where to look.
But I can't find the Cart text.

JackMcB

#6 2014-09-19 15:13:57

rod barbee
Website

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2014-09-21 05:07:52

jackmcbride

After the PayPal sale went through I was taken back to my Cart for a final review and approval, with instructions to hit the pay now button again. When I did that I got a page of PHP code starting with "fsockopen()php-network" etc. And PayPal rejected this as a second purchase.
This "Final Review" page included a line of text at the top of the page with links to an advertising message from "Coupons.com". How did that get into my cart? I am not using any coupons, either mine or some third party's so who inserted those links?

How do I get rid of this second review page and those unwanted advertising links?

#8 2014-09-21 06:26:11

Ben

Hi Jack, that doesn't sound right. Our cart certainly doesn't add links to third party websites. Can you copy and paste the URLs that are in the browser address bar at the time you see that error message and the link to coupons.com? Also provide screenshots of those two pages if you can.

#9 2014-09-21 12:55:30

jackmcbride

Ben

I did another purchase through my website on PayPal. I used my wife's computer and charged the image to it via PayPal. The results were the same as last time.

After the purchase went through I was taken back to the screen that I saved as CART.html attached. The address on the page was:

...cart/?c=paypal_review&token=EC-8JN256130F569572K&PaymentID=RJFUTBEAMQ3J4

There was a block of new text inserted into my cart which read as follows:

"You're almost there! Review your selections below and click 'Pay Now" to complete this order. ("click", "Pay Now"
and "to complete" all had hot links to the following sites: "my mapdirection.com", "wardbound.com", and "ArcadeCandy:GoBackToCollegeNow".  And further down the page under the heading of Product: Photography there is another hot link leading to "AmazonAWS.com". 

Last time I hit "Pay Now" and the sale was rejected, so this time I just hit "Cancel"  and the sale went through anyway.

This appears to me as though PayPal is high-jacking my Cart and selling links to it.

I downloaded the HTML copy from this "Review" page. Tell me how to send it to you.

Thanks,

JackMcB

#10 2014-09-21 13:35:36

rod barbee
Website

jack,

there's an email link directly under Ben's picture in his post. You can use that to send him stuff

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2014-09-21 15:48:10

Ben

Hi Jack, it sounds like your site has been hijacked. Can you provide a link to a gallery where I can try the cart? Also, if you can email me a screenshot that would be great.

Board footer