Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-11 03:06:11

evan
Website

Publisher and custom thumbnails

I'm having trouble with publisher and my custom thumbnails.  The gallery is set to use 'custom_thumbnails/' which is the folder automagically created by gallery.  First thing I noticed is that the folder name had an underscore rather then a hyphen which was my initial setting because it was a default in the Gallery plugin so i changed the hyphen to underscore and voila my gallery had custom thumbnails.  Using it as a template for publisher led to other issues.  Publisher never seems to put the 'custom_thumbnails/' into the autoindex.xml file when I publish an album. I have to manually add it, and then of course you go to update the gallery and there goes my edited autoindex.xml file.  The template on the server has 'custom_thumbnails/' in its autoindex.xml file so it looks like it should work. But every published gallery with it doesn't reference the correct folder.

I'm totally confused and could use a little help.

#2 2014-09-11 05:32:39

rod barbee
Website

Re: Publisher and custom thumbnails

did you put the custom-thumbnails/ folder in the galleries/ folder?
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … album_sets

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-09-11 06:08:12

evan
Website

It is not the album set that is having the issue rather the album itself. 

The heirichy is a publisher managed album set (autoindex - using fully manual custom thumbnails that the template correctly points to) of clients, a publisher managed sub album set listing client projects (autoindex - also working correctly with full manual thumbnails), and then publisher managed galleries of each project.  This is where the problem is.  I cannot get the gallery to point to the 'custom_thumbnails/' folder.  It drops it out of the autoindex.xml file every time even though the template has it in it.

http://ce4.studiothomas.org/galleries/client-access/

The folder structure gets pretty deep.

under "Modern Luxury" you will see the thumb working correctly but only if I go in and change the autoindex.xml file as explained above.  under "Peirce" you will see it not working correctly because publisher dropped out the thumbnail line in the autoindex.xml.  Remember the template has it in it.  and when exported directly it works, just not when using publisher to push the images.  Hope that clears thing up a bit.

#4 2014-09-11 07:01:01

rod barbee
Website

one thing you could do is create the custom thumbnail and FTP it into the individual album's thumbnails/ folder.Name it something obvious, like "thumbnail" or "custom-thumb" When you go to edit the Album, the drop-down under Cover Image will include the thumbnail you uploaded.
custom-thumb-choice.jpg

whatever the template has in its autoindex is irrelevant. It has no bearing on what Publisher does.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2014-09-11 23:05:00

evan
Website

So I think I figured it out.  In publisher the 'Custom' option under Cover Image sets the autoindex.xml file to 'custom_thumbnails/'.  You then place any custom thumbnail there in that folder which was automatically created with the gallery.  Now that I've done, it seems very straightforward.   By Custom, I guess I assumed (bad) that it meant it would use whatever I had set in the template for thumbnail folders.   I can't set my own folder.  You are totally correct that the template autoindex is completely irrelevant.  But this is actually easier, I don't have to remember anything.  Just put the custom thumb file in the right spot, select custom and viola, custom thumbnail.  It works great if you follow those simple steps.  Just didn't see it explained that way in the tutorials.  Thanks.

Last edited by evan (2014-09-11 23:05:20)

Board footer