Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-10 20:28:28

Ken
Website

Cart and BE Admin: How to migrate settings?

I would appreciate guidance in incorporating my test website cart feature into my live website.

I have been testing CE4 Cart using a test website I located in a sub-directory on my hosting service. Within this sub-directory is the test website's ttg-be folder. I am getting close to adding the Cart feature to my live website. Incorporating the test website's Pages and Gallery Template I think will be straight forward. For these two templates, I will change the Website Site Root under Site Info and then upload the published files to my root directory of my live website(overwriting the previous files). My questions are:

1. How can I move all of the test website's ttg-be settings to the ttg-be folder in my root directory? In particular there are all of the cart settings I created.
2. What about the cart folder located in ttg-be, is there anything in this folder that needs to transferred to the root directory ttg-be folder?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Ken (2014-08-10 20:38:32)

#2 2014-08-10 21:04:30

Ben

Re: Cart and BE Admin: How to migrate settings?

Hi Ken,
The only two places that store your own generated data and settings are ttg-be/data and ttg-be/templates. Within ttg-be/data is a directory ttg-be/data/cart/.  The two important files there are ttg-be/data/cart/master.sq3 and ttg-be/cart/orders.sq3
To migrate from a testing to live site, you probably only need to copy over ttg-be/data/cart/master.sq3.  See how that goes.  If you run into issues in updating the settings, then you may need to remove master.sq3 on your live site and configure it afresh.

Another possible option would be to trick the cart migration tool into coping your test ce4 cart database into your production cart database.  I'd try copying the master.sq3 file over being looking further into this.

#3 2014-08-13 11:46:05

Ken
Website

Re: Cart and BE Admin: How to migrate settings?

Ben wrote:

Hi Ken,
The only two places that store your own generated data and settings are ttg-be/data and ttg-be/templates. Within ttg-be/data is a directory ttg-be/data/cart/.  The two important files there are ttg-be/data/cart/master.sq3 and ttg-be/cart/orders.sq3
To migrate from a testing to live site, you probably only need to copy over ttg-be/data/cart/master.sq3.  See how that goes.  If you run into issues in updating the settings, then you may need to remove master.sq3 on your live site and configure it afresh.

Another possible option would be to trick the cart migration tool into coping your test ce4 cart database into your production cart database.  I'd try copying the master.sq3 file over being looking further into this.

Hi Ben, wanted to let you know that I tried copying over the master.sq3 file to the live websites ttg-be/data/cart/, it seems to have worked perfectly. All of my cart settings transferred. I was very happy about this because I ended up spending several hours creating these settings.

Also, I tested the cart purchase function on my live website (purchased one of my own prints) and it worked perfectly! I had already done the sandbox testing on my test website, but just wanted to go through the real purchase process so that I could see for myself what a customer will experience.

Last edited by Ken (2014-08-13 11:48:46)

Board footer