Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-09 08:32:08

kristenwestlake
Website

password protection question

Another question that doesn't seem to be rectified in the gallery template for use in publisher.

How do I allow for a password protected gallery? I've clicked 'enable password protection' in the gallery web module and uploaded it but publisher still would not give me any clickable boxes in order to create a published album as password protected. .. Is it possible that publishing my galleries with the  html gallery option is rendering this option as unavailable? ..

Thanks!
Kristen

#2 2014-08-09 09:51:31

rod barbee
Website

Re: password protection question

Hmm. It works for me no matter what gallery option I use
Maybe double check your gallery template?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-08-09 13:28:34

Ben

Hi Kristen, it may be that the album settings in Lightroom haven't had a chance to re-read the available template settings.  The template settings are only read when an album is created or when you change templates (which is not ideal and something I need to look into).  The best work around is to select another template in the album settings and then change the selected template back again.  Do you have two or more templates so you can try that?

#4 2014-08-09 13:29:03

Ben

Hi Kristen, it may be that the album settings in Lightroom haven't had a chance to re-read the available template settings.  The template settings are only read when an album is created or when you change templates (which is not ideal and something I need to look into).  The best workaround is to select another template in the album settings and then change the selected template back again.  Do you have two or more templates so you can try that?

#5 2014-08-10 03:47:41

kristenwestlake
Website

Hi Ben,

That worked at first but then although the gallery showed as locked on the auto index, when I clicked on it it didn't ask me for a password. I stuck the link into firefox as well after clearing cache and still it didn't require a username or a password - just went straight into the album.

So I went back into lightroom and put in another template and switched it back to my password template, .. and now it won't allow me to add a password again.

The gallery I am testing this with is : http://kristenwestlake.net/Collections/ … /classics/

Thanks Ben!

Kristen

#6 2014-08-10 08:32:50

Ben

Hi Kristen, should the "Gallery" template have pasword protection?  Looking at the template settings here http://kristenwestlake.net/ttg-be/templ … /setup.xml I see that passwords are not enabled. If you're expecting passwords with that template, then I suggest you check your settings in the web module and re-export the template.

#7 2014-08-10 09:15:56

kristenwestlake
Website

Hi Ben,

You are right, passwords weren't checked in the web module for that template. My mistake .. sorry for my confusion and thank you for your help!

Kristen

#8 2014-08-10 09:30:48

Ben

Hi Kristen, no problem.  I'm glad to have it worked out.

Board footer