Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-09 05:25:45

rdinterman
Website

Album(s) not found after update

I carefully followed all instructions on migrating the CE3 Galleries to the CE4.  Once I did that and used the migration tool, while all the files and galleries are there on the auto-index page, I get this error {"status":"error","message":"The album could not be found."} when they are clicked on.  Lightroom (5.6 for mac) now also says it cannot find the thumbnails to update.  I did create a new gallery using the same CE4 published that the migrated files are in and that works fine.  www.dinterman.com 
I am probably missing something obvious.  smile

Ray

#2 2014-08-09 13:46:13

Ben

Re: Album(s) not found after update

Hi Ray,  something's not right here.  None of the albums have been migrated.  Can you try to migrate the albums again, and then post back after trying?  To do so:

1. Remove the album sets and albums you have created since migrating.  If asked, confirm that you want to remove them from the service.
2. Select all of the remaining albums and album sets that are in your CE4 instance.  Right click and chose delete.  If asked, do NOT remove them from the service.
3. Rename galleries/galleries_ce3.xml to galleries.xml
4. Migrate again.

When you run the migration tool, you should see a confirmation of the number of migrated albums and album sets.  Upon a successful migration, you should also see the albums and album sets that were in your CE3 Publisher instance copied into your CE4 publisher instance.

If this still doesn't work as described above then please post exactly which steps you performed and the outcome and messages received.

#3 2014-08-09 20:13:42

rdinterman
Website

Thanks Ben, first two steps went fine.  But for step #3, I have both a gallery.xml AND a gallery_ce3.xml file in every gallery.  Which one should stay since they both cannot be gallery.xml?

Ray

#4 2014-08-09 20:24:01

rdinterman
Website

I also have index_e3.php and lib_e3.php, what should I do with them?  I am guessing everything should be renamed back to the original.
Thanks again!

Ray

#5 2014-08-09 21:06:52

rdinterman
Website

Ben, thanks so much.  They all moved successfully!!  smile

Ray

#6 2014-08-09 21:21:43

Ben

That's great smile The migration is non-destructive, so instead of removing or overwriting files, they're moved aside by renaming with a _ce3 suffix. Ce4 also adds its own gallery.xml file, hence the two in each directory.  You only needed to rename the galleries_ce3 file back again as that's used to determine the albums that can be migrated.

Board footer