Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-08 18:33:42

Ken
Website

CE4 Cart and Smartphones

I notice that as I reduce my browser window's size my TTG website dynamically reformats (which is very cool) at a certain size the shopping cart icons disappear from my gallery thumbnails. When that happens, I loose the ability to add the image to the shopping cart. Is this what will happen with some smartphones? I do not have a smartphone so I can not check this out.

Is CE4 Viewport Sizer an accurate way to answer this question? I adjusted my LR window to an iPhone's (5s & 5c) 640 X 1136 display and the shopping cart icons have disappeared. At 642 X 1136 they become visible. If I understand correctly most smartphones displays range from 720 X 1280 to 1080 X 1920. If Viewport Sizer/LR are accurate this would indicate that the iPhone 5s and 5c will not work with the add to cart feature, but most other smartphones will (may be Apple has released higher res screens?). Would this be correct?

Here is my test gallery URL

http://ioscapes.com/webtest/galleries/cart-test/

Thanks for any feedback that you can provide.

Last edited by Ken (2014-08-08 18:34:29)

#2 2014-08-08 21:56:20

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE4 Cart and Smartphones

you lose the icons on the grid, but you still have them on the large picture.

the way I checked it out was to add /mobile.php to the end of the address you provided and then resized the browser to phone width.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-08-08 22:15:50

Ken
Website

rod barbee wrote:

you lose the icons on the grid, but you still have them on the large picture.

the way I checked it out was to add /mobile.php to the end of the address you provided and then resized the browser to phone width.

Thanks for the information. I had not even noticed the cart icon in the lower right corner of the large picture view. Until you mentioned this I thought you had to use the thumbnail cart icon. I will add some instructions on the gallery page pointing out that the cart icon is on the thumbnails and in the lower right hand corner of the large picture view.

I do not understand what adding the /mobile.php to the end of the address does?

#4 2014-08-08 22:37:05

rod barbee
Website

the gallery is also creating a mobile.php file upon export. If you look inside the exported folder you should see it. This is the file phones will use. I'm just accessing that file on the desktop by adding mobile.php to the url
And in fact, in the large images, the cart icon is located at the top and is much more prominent.

Last edited by rod barbee (2014-08-08 22:37:39)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2014-08-08 23:07:52

Ken
Website

rod barbee wrote:

the gallery is also creating a mobile.php file upon export. If you look inside the exported folder you should see it. This is the file phones will use. I'm just accessing that file on the desktop by adding mobile.php to the url
And in fact, in the large images, the cart icon is located at the top and is much more prominent.

In Firefox and in Chrome, when I view the large image, the cart icon is located in the lower right hand corner. I wonder why this is different from what your browser shows? I just updated the purchase instructions to reflect what I see, but maybe I should not be specific about the cart icon location? Will the location vary with different people's device and browser?

Last edited by Ken (2014-08-08 23:09:10)

#6 2014-08-08 23:23:51

rod barbee
Website

are you accessing the mobile.php file? Go to this location and try it: http://ioscapes.com/webtest/galleries/c … mobile.php

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2014-08-08 23:38:23

Ken
Website

rod barbee wrote:

are you accessing the mobile.php file? Go to this location and try it: http://ioscapes.com/webtest/galleries/c … mobile.php

No, I was not accessing it properly. Following your link, what I see is completely different. So to summarize my understanding:

The large image view is different on a mobile phone than on a desktop browser, and the cart icon as well as navigation controls are placed in different locations.

Thanks for explaining this and showing me what is viewed on a smart phone.

#8 2014-08-08 23:54:22

Matthew
Administrator
Website

You can see for yourself what is viewed on a smart phone by setting the presentation to Magnific or Touch, and resizing the preview.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#9 2014-08-08 23:54:38

rod barbee
Website

The view will depend on what you've set in Lightroom for Desktop and Mobile
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … esentation

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer