Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-07 08:00:12

Ken
Website

CE4 Cart Suggestion to Improve Interface

I think wonderful work has been done on the cart and its interface. When viewing the entire cart page, it is aesthetically pleasing.  I do have a suggestion that I think would make the cart interface easier to use for some people:

The three buttons: Update Cart, Continue Browsing, Proceed to Checkout, are all located at the bottom of the page. They quickly disappear from view if several items are added to the cart. These are essential buttons for managing the purchasing process. When I first set up my cart and added four or five images to the car, when I viewed the cart content, these three buttons were not visible, this caused me some initial confusion. For many people they would probably know to scroll to the bottom of the page to see these key navigation buttons. But to avoid any possible confusion for those who would not know to do this, I suggest the following:

Locate these three buttons next to either the Total Before Tax and Shipping/Sales Tax/Shipping amounts or next to the Total Amount (there is a lot of empty space next to these). The three buttons could be made smaller, the same size as the Change buttons. I think this would increase the user friendliness since people will automatically look at the Total Amount and thus would automatically see these three key buttons.

Just a suggestion. Thanks for the hard work and brilliant creativity that goes in to all of the TTG plug-ins

Last edited by Ken (2014-08-07 08:02:16)

Board footer