Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-30 01:26:19

jackm

Flip, Full-screen Problem

I have migrated from CE3 to CE4. There were problems with that migration. Ben had me do some xml editing in an attempt for a fix to the bad album set and albums under it. That did not work and he had me put it back the way it was. I will re-create the bad stuff and re-publish it.

Prior to that fix attempt I had the home page set up for the Flip, Full-screen presentation. It worked as it should. Now all I can get is the default pictures and can't use Stage to modify it. I have a test site and all works well.

I can create a gallery and it shows up in the 'pages-gallery' slug on my web site, and I can edit it, but it won't work on the home page.

Any suggestions on what to look for.

Thanks,

Jack

#2 2014-07-30 01:44:17

rod barbee
Website

Re: Flip, Full-screen Problem

can't tell much without a link to the site

be sure to check the box in pages that allows Publisher to control the Pages gallery. And be sure to assign the gallery to the Home page
http://theturninggate.net/2014/07/the-p … home-page/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-07-30 02:26:07

jackm

Rod

All those things are done. Thus did work before I had the migration problem.
Site is www.stuffbyjack.com

Thanks

Jack

#4 2014-07-30 07:34:11

Ben

Hi Jack,  I have found a similar problem with Rod's site.  The underlying cause seems to be that there are multiple entries of pages-gallery in the database.  I'm trying to work out the underlying cause of this, and will let you know what I find.

#5 2014-07-30 09:35:55

jackm

Ben,

That makes sense. When I restored to the 'as was' database as per your instructions, I had the Flip page showing 4 photos. I had edited the 'pages-gallery' album to 2 photos but the site still showed 4. I manually deleted the 'pages-gallery' folder on the site and re-created one in the CE4 Publish Services. That is when it stopped working. I indicated to you that I thought it was a database issue and you confirmed it. I didn't have this problem until the migration issues.

I will await you resolution. Hopefully not too long.

Jack

#6 2014-08-06 08:36:01

Ben

Hi Jack,  the underlying cause of this has been fixed with Publisher 2.1.0.  The scenario to create duplicates was to remove an album from Lightroom, while leaving it on the service (i.e. the backend), then creating the gallery again in Lightroom with the same slug.  This usually wouldn't be a problem, except that the gallery-on-homepage expects one and only one gallery in the database with a slug of pages-gallery.
Is your site fully-working now in regards to this issue?

Board footer