Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-02 06:50:45

mindstorm

Formatting an About page

My website is just about complete (www.mindstormphoto.com).  I have the initial gallery pages done, and the blog done (imported from my prior blog).  All that is left is an About page.

If you go to www.mindstormphoto.com/about.html you can see what I have now.  This was created in DreamWeaver, which I clearly don't know very much about using...

Is there a page format in the CE4 Theme for Wordpress that will let me do this entirely within CE4, and not have to spend the time learning DW for this one page?

I am basically looking for a header block, preferably with my menu used in the blog and gallery, with the section below that set as two columns.  Each of those columns will have a photo and a block of text, describing my wife and myself.

Seems that a WP theme would have an allowance for an About page, but I haven't figured out how or where to access it.

#2 2014-08-02 07:56:57

rod barbee
Website

Re: Formatting an About page

You can do this with what's already available.
First, in the Theme Options section, make sure one of the existing Page Templates is set to full page, without sidebar.
Create a new page from the WP Dashboard and choose the template that has no sidebar.

Now use the TTG Responsive Grid Framework to create a text area with two equal columns. The Responsive Grid Framework has yet to be added to the CE4 documentation but it's in the CE3 documentation. And it works with CE4; all the css looks to be the same.

I just created a three column WordPress page on my CE4 test site. You can see it here: http://ce4.barbeephoto.com/blog/?page_id=16

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-08-02 14:10:21

mindstorm

Thanks!  The documentation for the Responsive Text stuff is rather sparse (and that is being kind...), but the example code gives me something to work from.  I think I can read the HTML well enough to customize that code for the result I need.

I'll try "for real" tomorrow, and will let you know if I hit any more snags.  If not, I will be able to add my site to the CE4 Showcase soon. smile

Last edited by mindstorm (2014-08-02 14:10:52)

#4 2014-08-02 14:15:50

rod barbee
Website

It is called an advanced feature wink

Customization shouldn't be too hard. Set up for a 12 column grid just like the example code. Only change the <div class="grid_4.... part to <div class="grid_6.... and only use two of those rather than the three in the sample code.

Last edited by rod barbee (2014-08-05 12:48:49)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer