Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-23 08:02:37

Ken
Website

How do I position Media Area still image?

On my About page, under Media Area, I have added a still image, priority beneath content. CE4 insists on positioning it exactly centered in the page container. I want to have the image aligned left so that it's left side lines up with the text above and my navigation items and my masthead (which are all left aligned). Is it possible to control the left/right position of the image in the media area with out throwing the alignments off in my other pages. The About page is the only page where the media area has been assigned a still image. On all of the other pages the media areas are disabled.

Thanks for your help.

#2 2014-07-23 11:52:43

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: How do I position Media Area still image?

Presently, no. But I'll add alignment control in an update.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2014-07-25 01:48:34

Ken
Website

Re: How do I position Media Area still image?

That would be great if you can add the alignment features. CE4 Pages new two column layout option plus the ability to float an image in one of the column has opened a lot more design possibilities than CE3. Being able to align the media area still image would help to take advantage of these possibilities. In the same line of thinking, if greater control over the gallery / galleria slide show could be provided, alignment, position in one of the columns, that would greatly enhance its usefulness when using two column layouts. I used to include the galleria slide show on my home page in CE3, but now that I have gone to a two column layout, the inability to align and restrict the galleria slide show to the left or right column, makes it much less desirable for use in this type of layout. So I have stopped using it.

Thanks for your great work

Board footer