Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-21 13:34:22

jackmcbride

Save Gallery Template

Questions & Comments

1. I have a TTG gallery template that I am happy with, but I can't save it so I can easily recreate it with other images and a new name.  But what's even more frustrating is that I can't move new files from my LR catalog into that existing web gallery.

2. What is the ideal/optimum pixel dimensions, width x height, for JPEGs in TTG galleries, recognizing that there must be some compromises to cover all the mobile devices? Historically I have used 640 pixels as the defining limit for either width or height at 72ppi. But it makes my images look small on large screens. Can I safely use a larger size?   

3. I moved the Navigation Bar from the top to the bottom of the page in your Gallery module using hand-coding in Dreamweaver. I have a Dreamweaver produced home page (www.mcbridephotographics.com) and my galleries are all subordinate to that, so I want a menu bar on the bottom, not the top. You should make that a "clickable menu" option for all your users who can't hand-code.

For the record the reason I purchased the TTG package was to get around Flash for mobile devices. Otherwise I was satisfied with the PVII Slide Show Magic Gallery Plug-In that I have been using for the last five years.

Jack

Jack

#2 2013-12-21 14:10:39

rod barbee
Website

Re: Save Gallery Template

1. not sure what you mean here. You've saved a User Template of a Gallery, right? You should be able to create a collection in the Library, go to the Web Module, and choose the Template from the Template Browser on the left hand side of the LR interface. This will load the gallery with your settings.

2. Up to you. Depending on what you're comfortable with putting on line. iPad retina displays, are about 2000px on the long side (ppi is irrelevant on the web). My images look pretty good at 1200px on my iPad3. Many people use around 960px. Matt has more here. Though it's part of the Theme for Wordpress docs, the same ideas apply.

3. Shouldn't be too hard to place a nav menu in the footer with phplugins.
Most users look to the top of a page for navigation, and this is the first time I've seen anyone request it, so I kind of doubt Matt would add it as an option.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer