Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-21 08:19:21

oeni4711

CE3 Gallery/Autoindex within Wordpress site

Hi,

is it possible to use a CE3 Gallery/Autoindex within a Wordpress site without CE3 Wordpress template?
I've followed the tuturial just to see if it works in general and it's fine as long as I use the CE3 Wordpress template.
When I activate any other template the gallery page is empty.

My fault or doesn't it work by design?

Thanks and best regards,

Olly

#2 2013-11-21 08:27:39

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE3 Gallery/Autoindex within Wordpress site

You can use Autoindex and Gallery as stand-alone entities anywhere you want. Just place them on your server and create the link(s) to them in your Wordpress navigation.
You won't be able to match the design of the Autoindex or Gallery to your Wordpress site unless you're also using TTG Theme for Wordpress though.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2013-11-21 09:04:48

oeni4711

Thanks for the quick reply.

Well, so as long as I don't use CE3 Wordpress Theme I won't be able to match the designs without much efforts?

Let's assume I could make CE3 Wordpress Theme look like I want my site to look, how about your common resources sharing?
http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … _resources
I need to design the site using CE Pages and use this feature to let other modules (CE3 Wordpress Theme, AutoIndex and Gallery) inherit the settings?

#4 2013-11-21 09:51:22

rod barbee
Website

Well, so as long as I don't use CE3 Wordpress Theme I won't be able to match the designs without much efforts?

Correct

Common resource sharing is available only if using CE3 Pages as the basis for your site. But you'll still need to do some designing in the other plug-ins for areas like the Block and the Grid. Some shared resources are things like global fonts, page background colors, header and footer stylings, common scripts, etc.
However, you can design in one TTG CE3 plug-in, save a user template, and copy those settings to a user template from another TTG CE3 plugin: http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … en_engines

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer