Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-21 23:07:07

Phoentje

CE3 on a subdomain

Hi, purchased today but am completely lost where to start..

I have now got access to the publishing package combined with the cart. Wich steps (guides) should I take to create a new gallery (cart included) on a fresh subdomain?

#2 2013-10-21 23:19:36

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE3 on a subdomain

start here: http://theturninggate.net/orientation/

this beginner's guide should help you in getting your site setup: http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … publishing

I suggest getting a basic site working (including just one or two galleries) before integrating the cart.

Once you go through the above tutorial, come on back with specific questions and we'll help get you straightened out.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2013-10-22 00:33:34

Phoentje

rod barbee wrote:

start here: http://theturninggate.net/orientation/

this beginner's guide should help you in getting your site setup: http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … publishing

I suggest getting a basic site working (including just one or two galleries) before integrating the cart.

Once you go through the above tutorial, come on back with specific questions and we'll help get you straightened out.

Thanks will do that. I am new with webshop/galleries. Ill give it a shot!

#4 2013-10-25 03:28:17

Phoentje

Allright, I have come a long way already.

I am currently stuck a bit at the gallery where it just shows all the photos from different collections at once.. How can I create subfolders instead?

in my lightroom collection i have seperated all with sub folders etc.

Last edited by Phoentje (2013-10-25 03:29:00)

#5 2013-10-25 03:35:33

rod barbee
Website

You're using Publisher, correct?

If so, create an Album Set template from Autoindex. Use Album Sets to divide your galleries into logical groupings like Landscapes, Portraits, Travel, etc. Then place your landscape albums in the Landscapes Album Set. portraits in Portaits, etc.

On my site I have an Album Set for Landscapes and within that I have Album Sets for National Parks, Washington State, Oregon, etc. Inside those Album Sets I have the actual albums.

If you're not using Publisher yet, then just use several Autoindexes to divide up your galleries.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2013-10-26 06:03:05

Phoentje

Yes I do have that one.. also having the autoindex. But in the manual I read about putting my exported gallery into the autoindex folder on my server. The other manual says I have to export my gallery and then put it in the publisher folder on the server... not sure wich one I have to use right now..

I am not using the pages plugin where I only want to use the gallery + cart + publisher to fast edit albums etc..
Should I ignore the auto index and only focus on the publisher manual?

I am trying to find a logical workflow for the things I want to do but a bit confused with all the different plugins..

For now I think this should be my workflow?

- Create a template on the autoindex
- Copy template to webengine gallery
- Export gallery
- Export autoindex
- Copy gallery export to server\publisher\templates\
- Copy autoindex export to server\publisher\template_autoindex
- Open publisher
- Choose template (exported gallery)
- Create albums
- Move photos from library into albums created?
- publish?

Last edited by Phoentje (2013-10-26 06:28:53)

#7 2013-10-26 06:30:55

rod barbee
Website

in the manual I read about putting my exported gallery into the autoindex folder on my server. The other manual says I have to export my gallery and then put it in the publisher folder on the server... not sure wich one I have to use right now..

There are two different ways of using the gallery and autoindex plug-ins:
-the traditional way, where you need to export and upload each and every gallery and autoindex.
-the Publisher way, where you use the gallery and autoindex plug-ins to create Publisher templates which you can then use to create Albums (galleries) and Album Sets (autoindexes)

If you're not using Pages then you'll probably want to use Autoindex to create a place to put your Albums. So you'll first need to design, export, and upload an autoindex to your site. This will act as the "home" page for all of your albums. I'll just call it "home" for now.

You'll also need to upload the publisher/ folder at the same server level you've placed your home/ autoindex folder.
In Lightroom, configure Publisher to target the "home" folder.
This is all outlined in the Publisher documentation.

You can use the same autoindex export you used for "home" as an Album Set template. Just name it whatever you want (use letters, numbers, hyphens, or underscores only, no spaces) and upload it to the publisher/templates_autoindex/ folder.

Design and export a CE3 Gallery and upload it to the publisher/templates/ folder.

These will server as your Publisher templates.

When creating Albums or Albums Sets you'll see a drop down for Template. This is where you choose your template.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2013-10-26 07:00:39

Phoentje

Okay check.

- I have now a new designed AutoIndex template.
- I have exported this and placed the files from this folder (so the index etc) in the root of my server (home)
- In home I uploaded the Publisher folder
- in home\publisher\templates I uploaded my gallery design
- in home\publisher\templates_autoindex I uploaded the folder with the same files wich exist now in the root of home
- Configured the LR publisher service and created some albums (auth check is succesfull)

- I publish 2  photos to a newly created album

http://www.circuitpics.nl/webshop/

I dont see anything apear though.. I searched the folders on the FTP for the images but can not find m..

#9 2013-10-26 07:30:40

rod barbee
Website

I have exported this and placed the files from this folder (so the index etc) in the root of my server (home)

I"m assuming you've named this autoindex "webshop"?
Make sure that you set the top level gallery folder in Publisher as webshop.

your folder system should then look like this:

/publisher/
/publisher/templates/
/publisher/templates_autoindex/
/webshop/

all your albums (and any album sets you create) will be in the /webshop/ folder.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2013-10-26 16:31:14

Phoentje

Webshop is a subdomain but we can translate it to a folder yes smile And then indeed that is my autoindex folder!
I have changed the publisher map now to my domain root and it is working now. Aswell as my cart wich is also in servers root.
I have now moved some photos into a new album in the publisher. It is working now! Awesomeness!

But when I press publish on a "album set" it does give me error "Unable to find album id 41086"
I assume it is possible to create albums sets in albums sets with an album full of photos in the bottom layer?

I can not point LR galleries to the publisher can I ? Or just copy a collection into a album in the publisher. I have to regenerate the same structure once every time I want to upload an album?

Thx for your help so far! splendid!

Last edited by Phoentje (2013-10-26 16:34:38)

#11 2013-10-26 23:03:37

rod barbee
Website

But when I press publish on a "album set" it does give me error "Unable to find album id 41086"
I assume it is possible to create albums sets in albums sets with an album full of photos in the bottom layer?

Not quite sure what you're getting at here.
You can create Album Sets, you don't publish any pictures to them however. You can put album sets inside other album sets but you can't put album sets inside of albums.

Publisher Albums act just like collections. If you've got other collections you'd like to publish as albums you can put the pictures from those collections into an album just like you would for any other collection: drag and drop, or set the album as the Target Collection and use the "B" shortcut.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2013-10-27 01:01:02

Phoentje

This is what happens. As you can see I have 1 album with 1 photo. I can publish this without any problems.
xgix.png

But as soon as I select the album set because I want the album Endurance within albums and not on the root of the gallery I get an error
xze2.png

#13 2013-10-27 01:05:49

Phoentje

Phoentje wrote:

This is what happens. As you can see I have 1 album with 1 photo. I can publish this without any problems.
xgix.png

But as soon as I select the album set because I want the album Endurance within albums and not on the root of the gallery I get an error
xze2.png

Something was wrong with those albums.. I recreated them and seems to be ok now...

Board footer