Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-28 00:15:33

DennisKeyes

Menu item link to page not working

For a time, all links from my menu were lost.  Ben Williams fixed that by repairing a php.index file.    I am back at work refining pages and building albums.  A new problem surfaced.  Early in the process I created a menu item: Services.  During the time that I was building the pages in the Services submenu and prior to the all links lost problem, clicking on that Services menu tab would take me to a Services page which I had created. But now, clicking that tab takes me to an Album Set Template for Galleries.  I can successfully change the links to other albums, album sets, or non-interactive, or when I go back to linking to any other page, it does successfully link to that page, EXCEPT, it links to the Album Set Template/ Galleries, instead of the Page /Services. 
My test site is:
denniskeyesphotography.com/backlight-2-test/
I created a guest updater login for my BL2:
user name:  guest
password:  guestpassword

To fix the first problem described above, Ben needed deeper access and requested an administrator login.  I can provide that for you also if necessary.

#2 2019-04-28 00:48:55

rod barbee
Website

Re: Menu item link to page not working

right now, your Services link goes to a page with the slug of "digital": http://denniskeyesphotography.com/backl … t/digital/
I see no album set on this page.

You have two items named Services:

A page you created named "Services"
A top-level gallery album set named "Services."

they both seem to have the same name and same URL. It looks like the top level gallery, which is an album set, is taking preference.

The Services page you created in Designer > Pages does not have any inserted albums or album sets, it has page copy though. But since it's got the same name as the Services top-level gallery, you can't get to it.

Try changing the name and identifier of one them.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer