Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-07 23:34:12

sol
Website

Cart Package questions...

Hey guys,
So trying to dial in the cart functionality here.

1. When a photo package is added, your cart page will show "not yet assigned" boxes for each item. The logical step here for a customer when seeing this "not yet assigned" box, is to be able to select that box and have it go back to the gallery for selecting an image for that box. Is this possible?? To make the empty box return to the gallery?

2. If your package contains, for example, "4 -5x7". Currently, I don’t see any ability to change the quantity for an image, either from within the gallery, or from the "View Cart" location. So currently, what I’m seeing is that a customer has to manually enter the same image for a set of 4 5x7 prints, one at a time. Going back and forth between the gallery and then back to the cart each time. Very cumbersome that way. Is there a setting I’m missing to turn on this functionality?

3. Can the "Continue Browsing" and "Update Cart" boxes be located at the top of the page?
When my test customer (my wife) couldn’t select the the empty image box and go back to the gallery, she was lost, because the "Continue Browsing" button is all the way at the bottom of the page. And with a larger package the list of items pushes it way down the page.

4. My cart browser pages (Mac - Safari) shows "Not Secure" in the url box on the client info page. Any suggestions on how to make that go away? (That doesn’t require special coding - I’m not a code guy)

#2 2019-04-07 23:44:23

rod barbee
Website

Re: Cart Package questions...

on number 4, are you using SSL?
If not, you'll need to get a certificate from your host and then set your site up to use https (Backlight > Settings > Privacy > Automatically Redirect Browsers To https)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-04-07 23:47:17

sol
Website

Thank you, Rod.
I don’t know. I will contact my host and find out.

...that did it. Thanks.

Last edited by sol (2019-04-07 23:51:42)

#4 2019-04-08 00:46:09

rod barbee
Website

2. If your package contains, for example, "4 -5x7". Currently, I don’t see any ability to change the quantity for an image, either from within the gallery, or from the "View Cart" location. So currently, what I’m seeing is that a customer has to manually enter the same image for a set of 4 5x7 prints, one at a time. Going back and forth between the gallery and then back to the cart each time. Very cumbersome that way. Is there a setting I’m missing to turn on this functionality?

You're not missing anything. This is how it works.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2019-04-08 00:47:19

rod barbee
Website

1. When a photo package is added, your cart page will show "not yet assigned" boxes for each item. The logical step here for a customer when seeing this "not yet assigned" box, is to be able to select that box and have it go back to the gallery for selecting an image for that box. Is this possible?? To make the empty box return to the gallery?

have them click on the Continue Browsing button.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2019-04-08 00:47:56

rod barbee
Website

3. Can the "Continue Browsing" and "Update Cart" boxes be located at the top of the page?

Perhaps with jQuery?

Most types of carts have such buttons at the bottom of the list of items, so the easiest thing to do might be to just include instructions in the albums.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2019-04-08 02:29:49

sol
Website

rod barbee wrote:

Perhaps with jQuery?

Most types of carts have such buttons at the bottom of the list of items, so the easiest thing to do might be to just include instructions in the albums.

Don't really know anything about "jquery". Was just hoping that you could have those cart buttons available at both the top and bottom of the page, the way the "Photo Package" buttons are. Hoping it might have been a button-click I missed.

Thanks for the feedback on the other questions, Rod.

#8 2019-04-08 02:39:39

rod barbee
Website

There is a link at the top of the cart page: "Skip to Checkout" that will take the visitor to the checkout buttons at the bottom of the page.

You could change the wording of that in the Cart Languages section (From the Backlight Menu, hover over Cart > Settings > Languages). You'll find it under The Shopping Cart.

After making any changes in Languages you'll need to close the browser and relaunch before you'll see the changes take affect in your browser. Or look at it using another browser.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2019-04-08 02:53:50

sol
Website

Thanks for the suggestion, Rod.
I'll take a look at that as an option.

Board footer