Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-29 07:35:50

paulo

gallery index order

Hi, is there a way to change the order of a gallery in the index ? For instance here.  http://monikabaster.com/potfolio/
How would I put Newborns as the first gallery instead of 1st birthday cake smash.

On this page http://monikabaster.com/galleries/Newborns/     The newborn girls album cover image is a different size to the others which I can't work out why ? There is also a line under each cover image which I can't find how to remove ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

#2 2019-01-29 08:00:34

rod barbee
Website

Re: gallery index order

the easiest way is to set the gallery order to "slug" and then change the albums slugs to put them in the order you want. For example: 01-newbors, 02-1st-Birthday-cake-smash, etc.

on the Newborns page, all the thumbnails look the same size to me.

The border is coming from the album set template > Thumbnail Grid. You may have it set to zero but it looks like the figcaption element is getting 1 px of border-top applied. This may be a bug, I've reported it.

To get rid of the order,  change the border color to the same as the cell background color.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-01-29 08:33:09

paulo

I had the border set to 0 and had the border colour blank but it still showed a line so made the border colour the same as the background as suggested and that's hidden it.

Can you check that Newborns page again for me but reduce your screen size a bit. If I look at the page on a larger screen the index images are all the same size but when I reduce the screen size some of the index images get bigger but the Newborn Girls stays the same smaller size ?

#4 2019-01-29 09:12:33

rod barbee
Website

the thumbnails in that album are 250x167. The thumbs in other albums are much bigger. In fact they're huge-1024x683, (set for 512 and sized for Retina screens I assume). 

It looks to me like you may have published the newborn girls first, then changed settings in the template and published the rest. Or the other way around.
The large images in the Newborn Girls album are also of a different size compared to the other albums.
Either way, try republishing the Newborn Girls album.

If you're using Lightroom to publish, make sure to edit the Publisher settings and ensure that the "Push metadata without updating existing photos" box is unchecked.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer