Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-29 02:49:11

LifeIsABeach

Best method for collaborating selections from Client Gallery

What method and Backlight settings would you recommend for the following scenario using the Client Gallery:

There are multiple people making selections from a gallery, each person is remote. They all need to see each others selections when they log into the gallery. It does not matter if they see who picked what, they just need to see what has been selected so far.

Once everyone has made their selections from the gallery, I would like just one of those persons to be the one authorized to send the final selections to me.

Here's an important point to make: How would you reopen the gallery for additional selections once the person in charge has send the selections along. They would need to see what their previous selections were if the gallery was reopened.

What "Post Submission Actions" should I use?

#2 2019-01-29 03:37:15

rod barbee
Website

Re: Best method for collaborating selections from Client Gallery

The only way to do what you want (be able for others to see what's been selected) is to make it a client managed album and give everyone the same login credentials.
There is no way to ensure that only one person makes the final submission, that will have to be controlled by your client.

For the Post Submission Action, I'd try "Do Nothing" and see what happens. The only other one that seems like it might keep the selections is "Close Feedback." If the feedback is closed you can reopen it from the Client Response admi. Go to Feedback. Click on the Feedback number. Click on Update Feedback. Change Status.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-01-30 02:36:03

LifeIsABeach

Thanks, Rod! You are most appreciated :-)

I shoot a lot of bands. Any improvements to these sort of "collaboration" features/functions would be most welcome.

Also would like to see specific explanations in the documentation for "Post Submission Actions". I looked but came up short and wound up asking here.

Thanks again, Rod!

#4 2019-01-30 02:49:21

rod barbee
Website

Consider those feature request for Matt and Ben. smile

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2019-02-03 01:58:36

LifeIsABeach

Didn't I just do that? ;-)

Board footer