Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-18 23:40:11

wrietvel

Upload failed

In Backlight 2, module-publisher version 4.0.4. PHP version 7.3.0 in: Publisher ....  Add Photos I paste jpegs exported from LR Classic 8.1 and I get the error 'Upload failed' with 'upload error' behind the question mark.
The files are - as said - normal jpegs, not larger than 4 MB and it does not make a difference whether I upload 1 or 10 files, same error with all pictures.
What's happening?

#2 2018-12-19 00:05:14

wrietvel

Re: Upload failed

Wow! After a lot of experimenting I found the answer. Maximum width of pictures through Publisher ..... Add Photos should not exceed 5000 (or4999). Weird. Would be good to document this limitation.

#3 2018-12-19 00:51:09

rod barbee
Website

I just tried uploading a 6000px wide image with no problems. This is through Backlight's Publisher, not Lightroom.

Uploaded images will be resized to what's set in the template. The limit in the template is 2048 px. So even if you upload 5000px images, they will be resized to the template specifications.

But if you're also uploading images sized for hi-res download renditions, then uploading the large sized images makes sense.

If you've set Publisher to create download renditions, an additional rendition will be created resized to the specification set in the album template under Downloads (if the images you uploaded are larger than what's specified for downloads in the template.)

If you're using the Manually uploaded download renditions option, then those need to be uploaded via FTP to the folder you've specified.
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … _downloads

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2018-12-19 06:20:23

Ben

Can you email me one of the images that fails to upload?  Also, on the upload screen what does it say for the maximum size of images allowed?  This varies based on your server configuration.

Board footer