Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-30 10:26:20

mjenich

Getting Backlight 2 for a Backlight 1 user

I own BL1 and want to purchase BL2. I assume there is a discount for the update. I can't figure how how to get it.

#2 2018-11-30 10:48:44

rod barbee
Website

Re: Getting Backlight 2 for a Backlight 1 user

You should have gotten an email when Backlight 2 was released.
See this blog post: http://theturninggate.net/2018/09/09/ba … lable-now/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-12-01 06:39:07

mjenich

OK got the down load. Another problem. I'm using File Zilla and just updated to the latest version. Now I can't get to my remote access to see my folders on my site. I'm thinking my Malwarebytes and/or Windows Defender are the problems by not allowing me to get through. I can't figure out how to make an exception in either program so as to allow the connection to take place.  i can't get to File Zilla to help me deal with the problem. Is there any way you can help?

#4 2018-12-01 07:56:48

rod barbee
Website

Have you tried temporarily disabling those two programs?

You should be able to Google how to add exceptions

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2018-12-01 09:51:29

mjenich

yes I did. But it had no effect. I think therefore I can assume that that's not the problem, correct?

#6 2018-12-01 10:32:12

rod barbee
Website

I don’t know. I assume you have the correct ftp settings, username, and password entered in Filezilla.
Are you getting error messages? Have you consulted Filezilla support?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2018-12-02 00:01:47

mjenich

I'm using the same credentials as I used before the update. They worked before the update. I assume they should work after the update too.  I ran File Zilla's  network configuration wizard and got a message that  I have a wrong external IP address. I went to their forum and did some reading about it but I didn't understand. None the less, I tried entering my own IP address which made no sense to me. Of course, that didn't work.

I then set up an account with File Zilla with a user name and password which I assume would allow me to communicate with them.  When I went to sign in, I got an error message that the credentials were wrong. I tried getting a new password and was not allowed to do so. I also tried to communicate with them using g mail. They do not allow g mail to be used. I used a previously and unreliable e mail (Charter) and was able to get an auto-response e mail back. I'm now am waiting for a reply from them. Not sure if the lack of response is due to the unreliable e mail or my response to the auto-response or if they haven't got to it yet.

Interestingly, I can still publish from LR. But I get a message that the album is protected. Never got that message and can't find a way to unprotect it.

I've recently upgraded my modem and wondering if that somehow is the problem. Not sure as to how to work with that.

I'm going to take another shot at understanding the "wrong External IP address" part.

#8 2018-12-02 00:15:43

rod barbee
Website

Your hosting company might have some documents on setting up FTP

Are you getting an error message?

A few years ago an update turned on TLS and I couldn’t connect. Changing that setting to Plain FTP fixed it.
https://forum.filezilla-project.org/vie … hp?t=34883

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2018-12-02 01:42:09

mjenich

That did it.  Two days of trying to figure it out and all it was was an encryption problem. Thanks. Hopefully I can take it from here.

#10 2018-12-02 10:25:04

mjenich

Not sure how to get Backlight 2. I went to the e mails, got to the BL2 page but couldn't find a place to download it. I did download the version from the July 31st e mail but that doesn't look like 2.0.4. what am I missing?

#11 2018-12-02 10:38:28

rod barbee
Website

If should be a file named Backlight-2-installer.zip
What was the name of the file you downloaded?
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … tion_setup

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2018-12-03 00:46:52

mjenich

I downloaded the version from July 31st and it's just Backlight. I now realize that's not BL-2. So I have the wrong one as I suspected.

I'm not sure how any discount is handled for BL-2 as an owner of BL-1. Is there just a $15 discount? It isn't clear. If there is no additional discount for BL-2 then I think I should just use the links from the November 27th e mail to make my purchase. Correct?

I'm interested in just Backlight 2 which I think includes publisher. I use Fotomoto to sell my photos. Don't think I need of the add on's. Correct?

#13 2018-12-03 00:55:34

rod barbee
Website

Discounts were outlined in the upgrade email mentioned in that blog post. You should have gotten that email in September.
If you didn’t get that email, or no longer have it, you should contact Matt directly about any upgrade discounts. Or just use the one recently announced.

If you only need to make regular albums (no cart, no slideshows, no client response) then you don’t need ant add-ons

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer