Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-12 03:13:46

speacock110

Backlight Update One Comment and one Question

Backlight Dashboard still says TTG Backlight version: 2.0.0

How will we know if there is s lightroom plugin update?

#2 2018-09-12 03:17:00

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Backlight Update One Comment and one Question

We'll need to look into why the dashboard isn't displaying the updated version number. Might be that we just need to remove that from the dashboard, now that we have separated the admin into smaller modules with individual version numbers. The "Backlight Modules" page should be the source of truth in this regard.

As for when updates become available, we'll make blog posts, and will shout out updates whenever there's a newsletter. Otherwise, you can check the Backlight Modules page in your admin periodically to see whether anything new is available.

With downloads now being a thing of the past, I am unlikely to use email blasts as update notifications going forward.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2018-09-12 05:34:12

speacock110

It was just that all other modules look as if it would be obvious an update was available but with the Lightroom Plugin being a download and out side the update system, I was not sure if the plugin needed updating.

#4 2018-09-12 07:19:29

Ben

Ignore the version on the Dashboard.  The versions shown in the Backlight Modules is 'the truth'.

#5 2018-09-12 16:37:27

speacock110

Sorry what I meant was that the download link for the Lightroom plugin does not have a version number as it is outside the module table. Just a little concerned as the modules versions and update status are clear as a bell. But I could miss a plug-in update

#6 2018-09-12 16:54:35

Ben

Good point. There have been no changes to the plugin. We’ll need to communicate when there are changes to it. That should hopefully be few and far between.

Board footer