Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-12 00:44:23

speacock110

Mixed Publishing

I mainly use Lightroom, but would like to have an album or two that do not use publisher can I have sperate albums in either different album sets or mixed in the same album set.

My existing site can be seen at My Site

I could have a seperate album set here, but would like to have a seperate album in the landscape section for images processed outside lightroom.

Last edited by speacock110 (2018-09-12 00:49:25)

#2 2018-09-12 00:55:46

rod barbee
Website

Re: Mixed Publishing

can I have sperate albums in either different album sets or mixed in the same album set.

yes

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-09-12 07:13:16

Ben

You can also make any changes to an album that came from LR within Backlight itself, except for change the parent of the album.  That includes changing the album settings and adding new photos.  Any changes to the album settings get propagated back to the LR album the next time you edit it.

#4 2018-09-21 14:22:44

SunFoxNC

Ben wrote:

You can also make any changes to an album that came from LR within Backlight itself, except for change the parent of the album.  That includes changing the album settings and adding new photos.  Any changes to the album settings get propagated back to the LR album the next time you edit it.

Am I correct in presuming that album sets/albums created directly in Backlight 2 in a gallery managed by LR Publisher won't be propagated back to LR via the Publisher?

I was in the process of building the skeleton for a Wordpress/Backlight2 site which took all of three hours...two and a half of which was spent in Wordpress.  After I had Backlight2 installed on the server...I quickly created a test album set and album using the Backlight Admin publisher (in all of two minutes for both of them including upload time for some images I just dropped on that window...that new direct album set/album functionality is SLICK!).

After making a quick run to Fayetteville for a dress rehearsal photo shoot, I updated the Publisher plug-in in Lightroom and created a new Publisher instance to play with the default installed Backlight 2 gallery but only saw the empty "Default Album" that's normally populated with a new instance.

I imagine a fully bi-directional sync would be a far more massive undertaking for the Publisher plug-in given the required backwards compatibility with CE4 and BL1 so I would expect the behaviour I saw above to be "as designed" unless you tell me otherwise.

Because I can see a use case where the majority of gallery album sets/albums are created and managed in LR Publisher as they have been for years but that there would also be times where it'd be nice to bang out a quick album set/album through Backlight 2 directly (i.e. Lightroom isn't available like on a tablet away from home)...would the best practice be to have two separate galleries...one for LR to populate via Publisher and one for the one-off ones populated directly through Backlight 2 and not mix them?

#5 2018-09-21 15:07:18

Ben

Hi, that's right.  Albums/sets and photos created or added from the Backlight Admin are not propagated back to LR. 
It may be possible at a later stage for us to propagate albums and sets, but not for photos, since there won't be any way to match them to those in your LR catalog.

Board footer