Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-19 02:54:12

kolohe280

Multiple top level gallery folders

I've been doing some digging around in the forum for posts related to this capability, and they answer all of my questions except one.

If I decide to do this, I understand that I would need a second publisher instance in Lightroom.  The question is this - does this second publisher instance need to reside in the same catalog as the first one?

I don't see any reason why it would need to, but I obviously don't know the inner workings of Backlight.

Thanks,  Paul

#2 2018-08-19 04:09:44

rod barbee
Website

Re: Multiple top level gallery folders

The question is this - does this second publisher instance need to reside in the same catalog as the first one?

No. Just create a new top-level folder via FTP and aim your new Publisher instance at it. Publish an album to the folder and Backlight will create the needed files in the folder.
You’ll need to go into Backlight>Publisher>Top Level Galleries and edit the properties of the new top level gallery to assign your preferred album set template.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-08-19 04:42:37

kolohe280

Re: Multiple top level gallery folders

Thanks, Rod.  The support of this product is one of the reasons I will gladly pay for the V2 upgrade.  If I could get answers this quickly for every piece of software I use, I'd be a happy person indeed!

Board footer