Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-22 21:53:51

HerbNestler

Maximum images in a CE4 gallery

I am trying to create a gallery with more thn 500 images. I have set the images per page to 250 (the max). And when I build the gallery, the preview shows that there will be 4 pages. All images are exported into the gallery. But when I upload it, I only see two pages of images. Does anyone know if there is a setting I need to change or if CE4 has an absolute maximum of inages in a gallery?
Thanks,
Herb

#2 2018-04-23 06:18:05

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Maximum images in a CE4 gallery

Had a peak back at the old code, and the upper limit for CE4 is 50,000 images -- essentially, no limit. Off the top of my head, not coming up with a reason your gallery would be getting cut short. But worth bearing in mind, we're not really supporting CE4 any longer, and I haven't looked at the code or the plugins in more than a year. Also worth bearing in mind, the Web module isn't what it used to be, and I no longer trust that it's entirely up to the task of doing its job. I encourage you to make the leap to Backlight; it enjoys active development and support, and we have greater control over its behavior, as we are no longer reliant on the (lately questionable) assumption that the Web module is in good health.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2018-04-24 02:57:03

rod barbee
Website

Re: Maximum images in a CE4 gallery

for what it's worth, I just tested this with an album of over 500 and the pagination works fine for me (set at 100 per page).

Have you tried re-exporting and uploading? (you should be able to get away with re-uploading just the index files (index, index_2, index_3, etc.)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer