Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-31 00:48:19

peter

Client selections issue

Hi guys.

So there's something happening with browsers and customer choices.

I create galleries for clients requiring them to pick their 50 or so favourites from a gallery of 200+ images.
Our instructions ask them to log in and 'heart' their favs. We assure them that their choices get saved and they don't actually need to 'log out'.

When we log in (using their creds), we can see the selections, of course.

However, I just checked a gallery using Chrome, and there are '0' hearts showing up.

I notice that I do not require logging in (I'm assuming cached user/pass).

...to test with a different (unused) browser, I use IE and I am required to log in with user/pass and I can see the choices made by the customer are all there...

It seems this happens when I log in to another gallery (that hasn't had any selections made to it), then go back to the other gallery.

I am guessing it's a local cache issue that doesn't differentiate between galleries.

Edit:

If I access the clients 'Feedback' from Backlight admin, I can see their choices there.

Under 'Consolidated Images' there are two lists.
What is the difference between 'All Images' and Selected Images'?

The quantities are slightly different:

'All Images (66)'
'Selected Images (64)'

(There are 200+ images in the gallery)

Last edited by peter (2018-03-31 01:13:37)

#2 2018-03-31 01:22:02

rod barbee
Website

Re: Client selections issue

What is the difference between 'All Images' and Selected Images'?

"all images" include selected images and images that only have feedback but have not been specifically selected

However, I just checked a gallery using Chrome, and there are '0' hearts showing up.

I notice that I do not require logging in (I'm assuming cached user/pass).

Are you viewing this album when logged into Backlight (and not to the customer's client response login)?

if so, that sounds normal (or is at least my experience). you need to log in as the client to see the selections in the album.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-03-31 02:56:09

peter

Hi Rod

"all images" include selected images and images that only have feedback but have not been specifically selected

The two extra photos that are in the 'All Imaged' group do not have any comments associated with them. In fact, I have not seen this used by our clients, so I tried it out and it does not allow you to enter any comments, only allows to rate with the stars.
Checked my template settings, and it shows as being allowed.
Not sure what's wrong there.

Are you viewing this album when logged into Backlight (and not to the customer's client response login)?
if so, that sounds normal (or is at least my experience). you need to log in as the client to see the selections in the album.

No, viewing without being logged into Backlight.

The link is here:
http://www.marlajenkinsphotography.com/ … /drewjenn/
I will pm you the log in details.
Cheers.

Peter

#4 2018-03-31 03:17:37

rod barbee
Website

I've tried the album in both Firefox and Chrome. Same selections in both browsers.
It looks and works the same in both for me in either browser. I'm able to make comments in the feedback form.

I submitted the form from Chrome so you'll probably want to re-open for your clients.

That's about all I can do. If it's still not working for you, then I think Ben is going to have to take a look.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2018-03-31 03:35:35

peter

My wife just got your 'response' and thought it was from the client and emailed her....
I should have told her someone might be testing...
Any way, I see that comments are working for you. Strange... I'll investigate.
Thanks

#6 2018-03-31 04:16:40

peter

I cleared the IE browser cache and tried to enter a comment.
When I move the cursor over the comment area, it changes to a 'no entry' symbol.
If I try to comment on one of your images, I see the comment you made in light grey. And I cannot edit this either.
Any ideas why?

Peter

Update:
I went into the Backlight settings, clicked 'update feedback" and set it back to 'open'
I can now access the comments on each image and I did not lose any 'heart' comments.
So all good now!

Peter

Last edited by peter (2018-03-31 04:22:49)

Board footer