Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-17 05:55:27

Chris Kewish

CE3, CE4 or Backlight

I have started to receive problems with my links created from my CE3 Gallery Response. They open and work on the computer offline but when I upload them via my FTP server the links are not working. I want to know if I should upgrade to CE4 or pay extra and upgrade to Backlight with the Client Response plugin?

#2 2018-02-17 06:01:59

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE3, CE4 or Backlight

CE4 products are no longer available.

If you can post a link to a gallery that’s not working we may be able to figure out the problem.

Backlight is a big leap from CE3. Code is up to current standards, responsive behavior is better, album deployment is more efficient (all done through TTG Publisher), Client Response features greatly improved.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-02-17 09:37:12

Chris Kewish

Here is a link you can review. http://www.kewphoto.com/bodas2017/17061 … index.html. You will see that some of the thumbnails show photos but not all are visible.

#4 2018-02-17 09:42:47

Chris Kewish

Was this the right place to send the link? I just checked it again and it works fine. I have another link but which I prefer no to show other people. What you mean by show in Gallery?

#5 2018-02-17 09:44:34

Daniel Leu
Website

Chris Kewish wrote:

Here is a link you can review. http://www.kewphoto.com/bodas2017/17061 … index.html. You will see that some of the thumbnails show photos but not all are visible.

I see that following image doesn't load: http://www.kewphoto.com/bodas2017/17061 … SC0759.jpg

Did you check that the image is on the server?

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#6 2018-02-17 12:32:37

rod barbee
Website

that's such a huge album that I'm not surprised there might be some problems. Mostly related to how long it takes to load.
It's been tying to load for the last ten minutes for me.

do you have any smaller galleries that are exhibiting problems?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2018-02-17 23:48:19

Chris Kewish

I remember reading previous blogs to keep the galleries below a 1000 images. If you go above there are to many photos and the gallery won't open properly. I use gallery response mainly for my wedding photography so clients can select up to 240 photos for their wedding album. I created my own style template.

I remember some of the original templates split the pages into smaller groups per page.

Would this work if I only allowed up to say 500 images per page but within the same home page link?

#8 2018-02-17 23:59:38

rod barbee
Website

The CE3 CRG cannot use pagination so that won’t work.

Backlight can do that though. Plus you could even create smaller albums, assign them to the client, and they would be able to access them from their own login page.
You could have albums for each logical set of images (Ceremony, Details, etc.) if something like that works for you and your clients. Each album would generate its own response.

An additional feature of Backlight Client Response is that all feedback is stored in a database. So even if an email somehow gets lost, you still have the client feedback.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2018-02-18 03:55:35

Chris Kewish

If I purchase Backlight how many computers can I use the application on?

#10 2018-02-18 04:18:35

rod barbee
Website

Backlight is a web app that lives on your server. You can acces it from any computer connected to the internet.
The only part that is installed on a computer is the TTG Publisher plugin for Lightroom. I don’t think there is a limitation to that.
See the bottom of this page for requirements: http://theturninggate.net/product-colle … backlight/

Also be aware that while you'll be able to publish albums from any computer, Publisher albums are catalog specific. Meaning that if your desktop computer is using one catalog and your laptop another, you won't be able to control albums and album sets created by the catalog on your desktop from the catalog on your laptop.

Some people have gotten around this Lightroom limitation by using the Lightroom Voyager plug-in to transfer publisher collections from one catalog to another.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer