Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-15 17:16:20

peter

New feature list

Is there one?
I would like to see a slideshow with the option to add a swipe feature on mobile devices. This must be a preferred way of moving through a gallery on a phone. Or did I not see something already?
Thanks
Peter

#2 2017-11-15 21:46:18

rod barbee
Website

Re: New feature list

You’re posting in the right spot to request new features.

There is no swipe in the current Vegas slideshows. If you enable controls, viewers can simply tap arrows to go forward or back.

Swipe is available using the Slideshow presentation mode in a standard album

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-11-16 02:45:03

peter

Ok good.
So I changed to the standard slideshow and yes, the swipe works on mobiles.
But I want the landing page to go straight to the slideshow, without the user seeing the thumbnails.
Is there a way to do that? I could not see a 'Disable' in the thumbnail section.

#4 2017-11-16 02:55:21

peter

In retrospect, even if that is possible, I still prefer the Theatre Vegas slideshow.

If it had the option to swipe on a mobile, that would be really nice. I think users are so used to swiping a slide show, that it might be frustrating for them to first, pause, then click on a tiny button to get to the next image.

This might seem picky, but we have potential brides going through tons of websites to look at photos, and any distraction from 'the norm' would just give them an excuse to move on to another vendor.

We always hear from brides about them going through tons of sites when researching photographers.
I don't want to have the site that causes them to move on to another.

We can speed up the slideshow, but it's nice for them to be able to control it easily themselves.

If this is not possible, then I would have to search out a jscript and add it myself, but I really am a klutz when it comes to programming, so not ideal!

Last edited by peter (2017-11-16 02:56:35)

#5 2017-11-21 08:22:39

volvoxturbo
Website

Yes, an easy to handle slideshow with the option to swipe on mobile and also to show captions is a must.

Board footer