Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-26 23:44:33

dutchpuzzle

Homepage image quality

I think I must be setting something wrongly somewhere. The quality of the images on my homepage isn't good. Looking at other people's websites built with Backlight, I'm seeing much sharper images, so I presume I've made a mistake. The website is still in build but can be viewed at http://www.snimages.co.uk/newsite/

The images are sharp when viewed full screen on my mbp and the images should be large enough, for example, the first image is 4256 pixels wide.

I hope you can help
Many thanks

Last edited by dutchpuzzle (2017-05-26 23:46:08)

#2 2017-05-27 00:15:40

rod barbee
Website

Re: Homepage image quality

It looks like the images are exporting at 960px.
In the album template, under Image Settings, check Photo Width and Height. In the Album Setup check the Max-Width.

If you first published the album and then subsequently changed the Image Width and Height settings, you'll need to be sure to republish the images from Lightroom. When you do, go to the Publisher settings in Lightroom and make sure that the "Push metadata without updating existing photos" and the "Publish thumbnails without updating other renditions" check boxes are unchecked.
You can get to Publisher settings by double clicking on the TTG Publisher instance in Publisher Services.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-05-27 07:07:52

dutchpuzzle

Re: Homepage image quality

Thank you so much, re-publishing corrected the issue.

Last edited by dutchpuzzle (2017-05-27 07:09:04)

Board footer