Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-21 01:47:29

SunFoxNC

Cloning Client Response Feedback Profiles?

When one is looking at the list of templates in Backlight Designer (Backlight -> Designer -> Templates)...one has the ability to click on the template's name to get access to some useful utility functions such as editing its properties or cloning the template.

I was mucking about with Backlight's CRG feedback profiles and can see the list of available feedback profiles but there doesn't appear to be any way to clone the feedback profile as one can for a template.

It's certainly easy enough to do the cut-and-paste routine from an existing CRG feedback profile to the new one but I can see cases where cloning or export functionality would be useful for CRG feedback profiles when migrating to a new installation (and to be consistent with the template utility functions).

Thoughts?  smile

---

Why am I'm doing this?  I found myself flipping a gallery on one of my old CE4 sites I've not migrated to Backlight to CRG to act as a contact sheet of dress rehearsal photos for a prospective client and creating a feedback profile that I could use as an ersatz price list for prints until I have all of the backing infrastructure in place to migrate this functionality to Cart.

I was already late to pick up number one son from school and this little exercise was yet another reminder of just how much more awesome Backlight is.

Were I in Backlight, I'd have been able to create the new feedback profile in about a minute, flip the gallery type and set the new profile in the CRG options and been done with it.

As it was, I had to watch the Dread Module Web(tm) bring a very powerful ASUS ROG G751 to its knees for over two minutes and then fight like hell to get the Web module to update the CRG template so that you could actually see the options.  And then uploaded the exported web template.  Then flip some more colour choices and re-export (phone call from kid hits at this point and he's right irritated!).  Ooops, forgot to deselect images.  Finally got it right and uploaded and now have to republish gallery...ugh!

That site will be on Backlight sooner than later!

I've had to radically rethink my migration strategy from the old hosting to Bluehost because of Bluehost's inode limitation and I strongly suspect that's the root cause of why I was seeing inconsistent behaviour with full-screen galleries for the sites still on Lunarpages.  The sites over there are well over 200K files (and that's not even counting the thousands of files managed by Publisher...SSSSSSH...don't tell them!!!) and I think that once you're past that limit with Lunarpages that you're screwed and can't count on them to serve the files consistently!

I had started all of those sites (particularly sunfox.com) so that family in far flung places could see the kids growing up even if their health prevented them from visiting.  Now that the primary beneficiary of that has passed away, I'm thinking of moving to a model where the most recent stuff over the past year gets hosted at Bluehost and then archived to a local web server that isn't limited inside the firewall.  If I ever have to open up access to the archived content, I can move the content to a locked-down web server sitting in the DMZ and let them in that way.  Not fun, not pretty, and not as easy as using web hosting...but I don't see having the wherewithal to go for a dedicated hosted server anytime soon, either.

#2 2017-06-24 03:33:49

rod barbee
Website

Re: Cloning Client Response Feedback Profiles?

cloning CR feedback profiles is a feature of the upcoming 1.2 release smile

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer