Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-16 08:18:48

reidthaler

embedded google youtube doesn't show on iphone

I generated a client response Gallery, then edited the index page by embedding a Google YouTube video.

Looks fine on a desktop browser. When I try to load it on an iPhone, it doesn't show the embedded YouTube video. Not in Safari when I request the desktop version, and not even when I've regenerated and uploaded the gallery with unchecking iPhone thumbs, which I'd like to turn off.

Is there way that I can get the embedded YouTube video to show and run on a smart phone? I'm hoping to set things up so that images on displaying can be linked to my website for additional sales through scanning a QR code.

Thanks,

Reid

#2 2017-03-16 08:44:50

reidthaler

Re: embedded google youtube doesn't show on iphone

I added the code you to video in the mobile.php file, and it works, but only when you tap the right menu at the top on the iPhone. Is there way of having it displayed by default?

Thanks,

Reid

Last edited by reidthaler (2017-03-16 08:45:18)

#3 2017-03-16 11:08:21

reidthaler

I've tried to disable the mobile.php file by giving it a different extension, but it seems as though the iPhone either creates or somehow generates one to use.

Again, is there a way to disable the iPhone with you being created in  client response gallery CE3? Do I need to try to dig up an older version of the client response gallery that won't create smart phone friendly galleries?

#4 2017-03-16 13:06:46

Matthew
Administrator
Website

You need to put YouTube's embed code into the visible area of the desired HTML document, in this case mobile.php. Into the copy area would be the most effective place, I'd guess.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#5 2017-03-16 14:04:44

reidthaler

It is in the visible area and I can't see it, it's just that I have to press the left justified hamburger menu on the upper right side to have it be visible. Is there way of disabling that, or disabling the mobile version and going back to the desktop view. I tried turning off rendering  Mobile thumbnails but my phone keeps pulling up a mobile.PHP page

#6 2017-03-16 15:55:34

Matthew
Administrator
Website

reidthaler wrote:

... it's just that I have to press the left justified hamburger menu on the upper right side to have it be visible ...

I don't know; I haven't looked at CE3 in years, and I'm not about to dig it out of whatever hole it's buried in. We're not providing active support for CE3 at this point. But it sounds like you need to move the embed outside of the collapsible area. That might involve putting into a DIV element between the copy and a gallery, and styling that element yourself, insofar as providing margin, padding, etc. But you're already hacking the gallery anyway, so a little more hacking shouldn't put you off.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer