Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-24 06:59:08

andacar
Website

Problem Finding CSS With Inspect Element

Hi guys. Apparently I’m still not understanding some of the basics of using Inspect Element to find the css controlling various parts of my page. For example, right now I’m trying to locate the css that controls the actual album thumbnails. I’m looking specifically at the code for the first thumbnail on the left.

Inspect Element

When I look at the code on the right it all seems to point towards resource.php, and a lot of the css is lined out, meaning it’s being overridden somewhere. But I can’t see what to grab to put this in a custom css file or what to call it. I have a copy of the entire css for the website retrieved as Rod described it, but I only see two hooks for the albums themselves, and they are just for the titles.

Darrell Leland

"Never go creeping around old castles at night; you may find what you're looking for."
- Grimsley

#2 2017-02-24 07:43:06

rod barbee
Website

Re: Problem Finding CSS With Inspect Element

what are you trying to change about the thumbnails? There are a number of elements and classes involved with the thumbnails so it's hard to narrow down unless we know what the goal is.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-02-24 13:10:02

andacar
Website

I'm sorry Rod. I'm trying to make the album thumbnails look like the ones in the album sets. Maybe a better question would be to ask if there is just some list that shows the css that is available for basic things like setting up thumbnails and other standard layout tasks. I feel I'm in way over my head, and I'm not even sure what to ask about. Do I just need to take a css course to be able to work effectively with Backlight?

I sincerely appreciate all the help you've provided.

Darrell Leland

"Never go creeping around old castles at night; you may find what you're looking for."
- Grimsley

#4 2017-02-24 13:37:33

rod barbee
Website

I don't know that you need custom css. First, try making your album thumbnails bigger so they fill the column space (you'll need to republish). Second, if you want captions below the thumbnails, turn that feature on.

It also looks like you're using different layout styles for the album sets and albums. Try matching those. If the album set is using "classic" then set the album layout to "Classic" as well.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer