Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-05 18:56:00

Dieter_Kurth

Page in diferent languages

I want to use backlight templates and pages to built a German and an Englisch Page, but both pages should use the same pictures from my gallery. Is it possible? If yes how to do that?
Thank you very much for your help.

#2 2017-02-05 23:40:52

rod barbee
Website

Re: Page in diferent languages

You can create separate pages (if you have the Pages Module) and then insert the same album into each page.

you are talking about individual pages and not complete sites, correct?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-02-07 04:46:15

Dieter_Kurth

Thank you for your fast replay.
I want to translate the whole homepage. I need at least a selection box tochange the Language for all Pages. In the first step I can do it with a meine button which will show a other page. But this is more work. But it would be great great if it is a database with the different Languages. For me it will help me a lot.
Best regards
Dieter

#4 2017-02-07 06:29:48

rod barbee
Website

If it's just the Home page, then that can be easily done by just creating a duplicate page in English and links that go from one to the other.

But if you need a version of each page for the whole site then I think it will require the building of two sites, one being the main site in German and the other a subdomain in English. But perhaps others will have better ideas.

the sort of feature you're looking for, with a button that will swap out German for English, is not available in Backlight as it is.
You could do it by creating duplicates of every page and then manually creating a button in each page that links to its counterpart. But that's a lot of work. Plus it wouldn't work for albums and album sets, only for stand-alone pages.

Others have opted for a main landing page with links that go to one site or the other. That would require the creation and maintenance of two separate sites though.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer