Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-04 08:06:38

grover_c

Client Response Add-on

Hello,

I purchased the Client Response add-on to solve my very important (to me) need to have the viewer send an email inquiry about a photo to me, per Rob's suggestion below.

rod barbee wrote:
grover_c wrote:

I will make a formal request, but in the meantime, is there a button I can add to the top bar that would link to a contact form or mailto with the subject the image title? 
Can the Feedback or Cart add-ons help here? 

Is it something that can be stuffed into the caption?

Thanks again for your help.

My guess is that this one is going to be more of a feature request.

The Client Feedback module may do what you need. Using it, clients can comment on individual images. You'll be sent a form via email with comments, ratings, etc

It almost does what I need and looks great  However I have two issues:

1. I was unaware that it would mean that my photos would no longer be searchable.  Is there any way to remedy this?  Please?

2. Is it possible to move the email icon down into the page and remove or hide the feedback bar on the album screen and just have it on the Large Image Presentation?

Fingers crossed!!!

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by grover_c (2017-01-04 08:37:54)

#2 2017-01-04 08:15:43

grover_c

Re: Client Response Add-on

Also, what do I have to do and/or set up so that the  "saved" form will get emailed to me?

Last edited by grover_c (2017-01-04 08:17:31)

#3 2017-01-04 08:38:47

rod barbee
Website

grover_c wrote:

Also, what do I have to do and/or set up so that the  "saved" form will get emailed to me?

There are two ways to deploy, Client Response managed, and Stand-alone (unmanaged) albums. Either way, the clients feedback is automatically mailed to you and saved in the database.
With the Client Response Managed option, you'll create the client in the Backlight back end and assign albums to them. The big advantage is that they can log in to their albums, make selections, close the browser, and come back later to continue.
This explains it further: http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … management

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2017-01-04 08:45:50

grover_c

Thanks, Ron.  It's always necessary for the viewer to add feedback and then mail it (2 steps) correct?  As a simple option, it would be nice to be able to send feedback from an image and email it at the same time just by hitting the "save" button.

#5 2017-01-04 08:56:24

rod barbee
Website

grover_c wrote:

Hello,

My guess is that this one is going to be more of a feature request.

It almost does what I need and looks great  However I have two issues:

1. I was unaware that it would mean that my photos would no longer be searchable.  Is there any way to remedy this?  Please?

2. Is it possible to move the email icon down into the page and remove or hide the feedback bar on the album screen and just have it on the Large Image Presentation?

Fingers crossed!!!

Thanks a lot.

Because the search feature is global, this means that anyone visiting the site and accessing your search page could potentially view your client's images. So no, search is not an option for CR albums.

I really doubt the status bar will be moved to the large images (this is the first I've ever seen that feature requested). I imagine that would require Matt and Ben to rewrite much of the code.
The status bar at the top of the thumbnails page has controls that will help your client refine their selections. And the mail icon is part of that status bar.
You can hide the icons in the bar (or the entire bar itself, I suppose) with custom css. Seems to sort of defeat the purpose though.
And you may be able to move the email icon with jQuery but if you do, it may not work as expected.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2017-01-04 08:58:20

rod barbee
Website

grover_c wrote:

Thanks, Ron.  It's always necessary for the viewer to add feedback and then mail it (2 steps) correct?  As a simple option, it would be nice to be able to send feedback from an image and email it at the same time just by hitting the "save" button.

The Client Response album doesn't work that way. If you use the "managed" option, by clicking the email icon a comments window pops up with a submit button. Comments aren't required so they could just hit submit.
You'd need set things up so that feedback isn't closed after a submission.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2017-01-04 09:06:30

grover_c

It appears that the client response add-on is more than what I need for my purposes. 

As mentioned previously, I would like a potential customer to be able to send an inquiry to me from any photo that they like.  I am not a wedding or product type photograher that has to show a photo shoot to a client for feedback.  My sales come primarily from gallery exhibitions and from online sales.  I want to make it as easy as possible for somebody who has found their way to my website to inquire about a specific work, to get into an email dialogue. 

I am currently trying out the client response with just the image "Feedback" enabled.  I like the look of everything but I'm not sure if I can make work as I hoped. 

And as far as search goes, shouldn't it at least be an option?  I see others have similar issues.

What do you think?

Last edited by grover_c (2017-01-04 09:07:18)

#8 2017-01-04 09:31:46

rod barbee
Website

The reason search not an option for Client Response is that many times, those images are sensitive. And as I mentioned, the search feature is global.

You could try using the Cart. But instead of using it to sell images, use it for potential clients to pick images they're interested in. You can add fields and checkboxes at checkout for them to add comments or to check options.
See this thread: http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=7049

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2017-01-04 09:36:23

grover_c

But, surely there are also many times when the images are not sensitive.  Shouldn't there be an option to allow them in the search?  I'm a big fan of having options.

I'll check out the cart option.  Thanks.

Last edited by grover_c (2017-01-04 09:36:50)

#10 2017-01-04 09:47:48

grover_c

The cart also seems overkill for what I need.  It also seems too committal for someone just inquiring about sizes, availability, etc.

Per my initial question from a few weeks ago, is it possible to add the email icon, or similar, to the status bar of the large image presentation and have that link to a "mailto:yourname@email.com?subject=[title]" or sent to a form that can be mailed with the same photo title?

That's all I'm really looking for.

#11 2017-01-04 10:34:24

grover_c

It seems that client response is still my best bet.

Is it for the same potential sensitivity concerns that sharing is also disabled with client response?  Is there are way to overide the sharing and search settings for those of us that want to use it. 

Let me know if you'd like a link to see how I'm using all of this.

Last edited by grover_c (2017-01-04 10:37:47)

#12 2017-01-04 10:56:20

rod barbee
Website

those questions will have to be answered by Matt and Ben

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2017-01-04 13:23:55

Matthew
Administrator
Website

The client response gallery is intended for interaction between a photographer and a single client following a photo job. It is not design for public display, and that's why sharing and search are disabled.

For public display, you should use the standard gallery. You can rather easily build a contact form to appear in the description area of the gallery.

Our extensibility features do not allow you to add custom buttons to the slideshow. To do that, you would need to hack the slideshow UI, and Photoswipe init script, as well as provide styling for your button. Such hacking falls outside to scope of our customer support.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#14 2017-01-05 00:42:20

grover_c

I understand.  Thanks Matt.

Sorry to ask again, I'm really struggling to find a good solution, but is there a way to add a mailto: or something similar below "Pin it:" on the sharing link?  The ?subject or &body could simply be the same link info generated for the other shares, ie: http://www.mywebiste.com/galleries/rece … single.php

#15 2017-01-05 08:18:29

Matthew
Administrator
Website

You'd need to hack the init script where the social media links are defined. Off the top of my head, I forget which file that is. Somewhere in the /modules/standard-album folder. You could run a search on the folder to find instances of "Pinterest". That would probably be a lot easier than hacking a new button, though.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer