Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-31 13:32:08

coyotepixel
Website

Album Set Thumbnail size problem

I have been trying to update Thumbnails on an older album set and on albums that I created long before the latest few updates to Backlight. I want to increase the size of the thumbnails in both album set and albums.

I long ago created the album set with albums containing small thumbnails from the albums:

http://coyotepixel.net/galleries/utah-photos/

Since then, I've updated Backlight to the latest version and created Album sets and albums with larger thumbnails:  eg:

http://coyotepixel.net/galleries/montana/

I've tried to enlarge the older album set and album thumbnails  to no avail through LR TTG Publisher. I've copied the exact settings in LR Publisher from the newer album set and album settings to the older Album Set and Album. I've clicked Publish Now in LR.

It seems that LR is remembering the first thumbnail template setting w/o being able to update to the latest template. I've restarted LR, cleared browser history, viewed on different computers, etc. I've cleared template cache.

Is there something that I'm missing? Do I have to delete the original, older albums with smaller thumbnails and templates and republish them with the newer settings?

Thanks for any assistance you might give.

Last edited by coyotepixel (2016-10-31 13:43:44)

#2 2016-10-31 14:03:45

rod barbee
Website

Re: Album Set Thumbnail size problem

First, album set thumbnails are taken from the albums within the set. So the only thing controlling size of thumbnails in an album set is the size you set for the albums, unless you're creating custom thumbs for use in an album set.

Second, when you change the thumbnail size in an album template And then republish the album, make sure that in Publisher setup, the "Push metadata without updating photos" box is unchecked.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-11-01 00:57:57

coyotepixel
Website

Thanks, Rod. I'll try again.

#4 2016-11-01 12:07:06

coyotepixel
Website

I've gone over the steps again in Lightroom for changing Album Templates for an Album. I wanted to use a different Album Template with larger Thumbails.

When I open control>Album>Edit Album in LR and make changes to Cover Image,  Items per page, Photo Order and click edit, the changes are immediate. But when I choose another Template and click edit, nothing happens on my site. I have now noticed that I must choose "Mark to Republish" then click Publish. I had chosen the Publish Now option in the control>Album menu w/o "Mark to Republish.

#5 2016-11-01 13:07:16

rod barbee
Website

Yes, any time you change the image or thumbnail size (by going to another template that has different sizes, for instance) you need to republish the images.
So all is good now?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2016-11-01 13:18:16

coyotepixel
Website

Yes, thanks! All is good... until the next quandary.

Board footer