Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-16 05:35:42

kanga

template not changing thumbnail display from classic to masonry

Hi,
I converted to Backlight from CE4 and previous versions. I have it working fine, now including WordPress. One issue I cannot figure out is that all my galleries now use the Backlight Standard Gallery Template which sets the thumbnail display to masonry. All the newly created galleries use masonry. All the older galleries still display as classic. I have republished and ensured that all the galleries are using the new Standard Gallery template. Any suggestions on why the view is not changed from classic to masonry for the older galleries?
Thank you.

#2 2016-10-16 07:33:42

rod barbee
Website

Re: template not changing thumbnail display from classic to masonry

can you provide a link to your site?
Have you tried clearing browser cache?
Have you tried clearing template cache?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-10-16 12:42:41

kanga

Re: template not changing thumbnail display from classic to masonry

Rod,
Thanks so much for the comments both here and by email. I have been able to fix the problem. I have taken the liberty of copying the relevant parts of your email. Sorry couldnt paste the image. You guys rock.
John

"Ok, I see what you mean. All of your albums are displaying the masonry layout. The difference between your 2016  albums and your older albums is that the 2016 albums have much larger thumbnails. All albums are using three columns, it appears that the older ones, with the smaller thumbnails, are not filling the space.

You could try republishing the older albums. There’s a setting in Publisher set up that allows for re-rendering thumbnails without having to re-render the large images."

Board footer