Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-20 05:05:24

prchevalier

How to update CE4 Home Page

I’m currently using CE4 Pages, CE4 AutoIndex and CE4 Gallery and have a question:

1. I would like to know which folder or files I need to upload to my server to make design changes to my website?

I would like to change the images on my Home page and edit my About page. How can I do so without uploading all files? I was able to get my About page to change by uploading only the about-main.html in the path: CE4 Pages\fragments. But I cannot find the path to upload the Home Page that reflects the image changes I made.

I have already exported all 3 pages I listed above with all my current changes and thought the quickest way was just to replace the files or folders that reflected the new changes. Any help is appreciated as I did search the community pages but didn’t find an answer or was searching by the wrong topic.

Thanks!

Last edited by prchevalier (2016-09-20 05:21:36)

#2 2016-09-20 05:21:15

rod barbee
Website

Re: How to update CE4 Home Page

1. I would like to know which folder or files I need to upload to my server to make design changes to my website?

If it's just design changes, like colors or fonts, you can just upload the lib/css/ folder.

If you've changed images, then you'll need to upload the new images and the index.php and mobile.php (home page) and the about.php file for the about page (assuming your using the page image feature and not including inline images).
For any text you've changed, you can upload the corresponding file from the fragments/ folder.

When in doubt, just upload everything again.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-09-20 05:46:31

prchevalier

"upload the new images and the index.php and mobile.php(home page)"
I did this and my home page errors out in the slideshow when it come to the missing image "Image not found:photos/Antelope.jpg" So I'm assuming the changes need to be made in a few locations?

I did get the about page to work, but for the images do I make these changes in just one folders, the CE4 Pages folder only? I do see the same files in CE4 Gallery page also.

Also, when you say "just upload everything again" do you mean I uploaded just the 3 new folders I exported: CE4 Pages, CE4 AutoIndex and CE4 Gallery. I'm assuming you don't upload the ttg-be folder again as wouldn't that break the authentication I already establish in Lightroom TTG-CE4 Publisher to my webserver?

#4 2016-09-20 07:49:06

rod barbee
Website

"upload the new images and the index.php and mobile.php(home page)"
I did this and my home page errors out in the slideshow when it come to the missing image "Image not found:photos/Antelope.jpg" So I'm assuming the changes need to be made in a few locations?

Ok. you didn't mention you were using the slide show. Make sure you upload the index and mobile.php files. The photos/ folder, and for good measure, the lib/ folder.

I did get the about page to work, but for the images do I make these changes in just one folders, the CE4 Pages folder only? I do see the same files in CE4 Gallery page also.

Also, when you say "just upload everything again" do you mean I uploaded just the 3 new folders I exported: CE4 Pages, CE4 AutoIndex and CE4 Gallery. I'm assuming you don't upload the ttg-be folder again as wouldn't that break the authentication I already establish in Lightroom TTG-CE4 Publisher to my webserver?

If updating Pages, then upload the entire Pages export, if all else fails. (since you posted under the Pages topic, I assumed that's what you were referring to since you didn't mention Autoindex or Gallery)

All images used in the pages of Pages are exported with Pages. (that's lots of "pages" smile )

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer