Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-19 06:29:46

eckart-bartnik

How to delete menue items in menue drop down ?

I have two questions:
A) My gallery (I renamed it Portfolios) menue lists all albums, but also those which I already deleted. Looking with filezilla onto my server also shows the correct albums. How can I delete older versions of albums to be listed in the drop down menue? Those old versions are also shown when I just go to 'Portfolios'.

B) Although the albums show on the page with their thumbnails  in the order as directed by the slug name, this does not happen in the drop down menue. To get them in the right sequence, I had to use numbers.

Sorry, but I did not figure out, how to attach a screenshot, therefore, please use the link to my page to take a look.
Thanks for your help
Regards
Eckart

see: www.eckart-bartnik.de/galleries/

#2 2016-08-19 06:40:23

rod barbee
Website

Re: How to delete menue items in menue drop down ?

First, you can add images by placing the screen shot online and then pasting the url to it in between IMG tags:

[img]http://yoursite.com/your-screen-shot.jpg[/img]

If albums that you already deleted through Lightroom are still appearing, you can delete them through Backlight:
Backlight > Publisher > Top-level galleries > click on the Albums link for the top-level gallery
Click on the name of the album that needs deleting
scroll to the bottom of the resulting page and delete the album.

Not sure about the ordering. It seems to work for my site. First try getting rid of the albums that shouldn't be there.
Then get rid of the numbers in the album name. Keep them in the slug if you need to.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-08-19 09:02:17

Ben

B) Albums/Sets in menus are sorted alphabetically based on titles.  This is a shortcoming due to the way menus are built (specifically, not having straightforward access to the per-album sorting setting, or a way of using it).  I hope to look into this, most likely for our next major update.

#4 2016-08-19 16:03:44

eckart-bartnik

Thanks a lot for the quick answers!

#5 2016-10-19 04:31:32

eckart-bartnik

Ben wrote:

B) Albums/Sets in menus are sorted alphabetically based on titles.  This is a shortcoming due to the way menus are built (specifically, not having straightforward access to the per-album sorting setting, or a way of using it).  I hope to look into this, most likely for our next major update.

Have you had the chance to address this issue with backlight 1.0.5? I hesitate to try out with my website (never change a working system).
Thanks for your reply!

#6 2016-10-19 04:58:23

Ben

Not a trivial fix, hence it not having been worked on to date. 1.0.5 is a minor update. A major update is 1.1 etc.

Board footer