Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-04 19:09:17

PAB
Website

Minor problem after conversion from CE4 to Backlight

I have just converted my CE4 Galleries to Backlight
After the conversion I have found 3 minor problems that I need your help with to solve.

1.  Top-Level Galleries not used:

I have three top-level galleries, please see the table below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                                                                       Order                                          Album
Title                                     Directory                                Template                 By              Breadcrumbs    Path    Sets       Albums
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Galleries                               galleries                                 Standard Album       Title            yes                               17              43
                                                                                        Set Template -
                                                                                        Galleries Album
                                                                                        Set
Galleries                               galleries/001-auto-index-         Standard Album       Title            yes                                 0               0
                                           public                                     Set Template
galleries/001-auto-index-      galleries/001-auto-index-          Standard Album        Title            yes                                0               0
public/002-auto-index-          public/002-auto-index-             Set Template
family/002-auto-index-          family/002-auto-index-
family-travel                         family-travel

As you can see only the first top-level gallery is valid due to it contain all album set and albums, the other two top-level galleries is empty.
The two empty top-level galleries have directories pointed out in the first top-level galleries structure, but in a lower level.

How can I delete the two top-level galleries that not contain any albums?

2. One Gallery looks empty, but it does contain Album Set and Albums.

The Album ”Public Gallery” actually contain 2 Albums and 1 Album set.
I have done a workaround, I have build a Meny Set so I can reach the albums and albums set below the Gallery "Public Gallery" (that looks empty when you click on it).
It seems also to be alright when I look in to Album structure  (Backlight/Publisher/top-level galleries/Albums/), see below:

Public Gallery                         Standard Album Set Template                —   
                     Moon                           Standard Album Template - Moon            9   
                     Nice photos                  Standard Album Template - HD              49   
                     Zita and Zelda              Standard Album Set Template                 —   
                                Zelda                Standard Album Template                       9   
                                Zita                  Standard Album Template                       5 
                                Zita and Zelda   Standard Album Template                       3 

How can I make underlaying Albums and Albums sets visible when I click on Public Gallery?

3. Stage module is not yet created in Backlight

According CE4 instructions, I have made an Home Page with the Stage modul, and it does not work in Backlight yet.
The folder ”pages-gallery” in the root of Galleries shows up as a gallery,
Backlight Album settings say that the album Pages Gallery already is hide, see below

View Album Settings, Features
- Enable Maps:                  no
- Enable Password:            no
- Display Breadcrumbs:      no
- Hide From Album Set:    yes
- Hide From Search:           no

Can I hide this galley (folder ”Pages-gallery”) until the Stage module will be released?

Here is my Backlight Web site, It still under construction:
http://pabphoto.net

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Peter

#2 2016-08-04 19:32:53

Ben

Re: Minor problem after conversion from CE4 to Backlight

Hi Peter,

1. To delete a Top-level gallery:

1. Login to Backlight admin
2. Visit the Backlight > Publisher > Top-level Galleries menu item
3. Click on the Title of the Top-level Gallery you wish to delete
4. This takes you to the 'View Top-level Gallery Settings' page.  Click on the Delete link.
5. Click on the Delete button to confirm deletion.

2.  I'm not sure what is going on here.  Can you provide me with a Backlight admin login (via the Email link under my name) so that I can look further into this?

3. Hidden galleries are shown if you are viewing the site in a browser that you are already logged into Backlight admin.  You should see that the hidden album is given an icon of an eye with a cross through it to indicate that it is hidden.
I can not see the gallery you are talking about, presumably because I am not logged in as Backlight admin when I visit your site.  Try viewing with a different browser, or logging out of the admin.  You should find the album no longer visible.

#3 2016-08-04 20:02:06

PAB
Website

Hi Ben,

It works fine regarding to delete the two top-level galleries, thanks.

After I have deleted the two top-level galleries, and when I clicked on the Album set "Public Gallery",
I got an error message that i didn't get before:

Error message:
   Something went wrong
   The template could not be found for id in GalleryDelegate.php on line 284

I can't fins your e-mail link, but here is a temporary password to my Backlight site: zita  (I will change it when you are ready).

Regards
Peter

#4 2016-08-04 20:40:11

Ben

Thanks for the login.  My Email can be found via the blue Email link on the left side under my picture.

There's something wrong with http://pabphoto.net/blomwebsite/galleri … ex-public/.  For some reason, your site thinks that it is a Top-level Gallery, leaving the file http://pabphoto.net/blomwebsite/galleri … allery.xml with the wrong contents.  It should have these contents instead:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<gallery>
  <id>14993</id>
</gallery>

Can you try editing that file so that it looks like the above and see whether that fixes it?

#5 2016-08-04 23:53:11

PAB
Website

Hi Ben,

Yes, that solved the problem!
I have got answers and solution on all my three minor problems.

A big thank you for your help!

Regards
Peter

#6 2016-08-05 12:10:29

Ben

Hi Peter,  that's great.  I'm glad that solved the issues.

Board footer