Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-18 04:00:35

Ken
Website

Test Site Questions

I have my CE4 site, including cart, working smoothly. I want to create a Backlight test site including cart, fully develop and test the site, while simultaneously keeping my CE4 site running until I feel confident to switch over to the Backlight site. Questions:

1. I understand I can create a sub folder "test" in my root directory. I follow the Backlight install instructions but treat the sub-folder, test, as the root directoy and copy the Backlight-Pages folders/files into the test folder and follow the other instructions. Is this correct?

2. Regarding TTG-Publisher plugin: can I install this even though I already have the CE4 Publisher program installed in Lightroom?

3. Once I feel my Backlight test site is ready to go public, to replace my CE4 site with the Backlight test site: delete all of the CE4 folders and files. Copy every folder/file in the test sub-folder into the root directory. Will this work?

I have done a search on the forum and read other posts regarding the points raised above, but I want to summarize to make sure I am clear on how to proceed and that I do not cause problems with my current site.

Greatly appreciate any feedback.

Ken

#2 2016-07-18 05:44:55

Daniel Leu
Website

Re: Test Site Questions

Hi Ken,

Yes, this is the process I would follow.

1) Yes. Another option would be using a separate subdomain
2) They work side-by-side since you don't use the same file
3) First, please make a backup of your CE4 site. Backlight contains some migration features to reuse galleries and cart settings. If you want to take advantage of this, don't delete the gallery and ttg-be folders.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

Board footer