Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-12 12:35:25

leftyimages

Fotomoto, Check-in Images on Page Load for speed

Couple of questions RE: Fotomoto integration.  I have no problems at this point but am trying to figure out the logistics of whether to do either of the following:

#1 Upload with the checkbox for "Check-in Images on Page Load" checked. Re-export with it unchecked and re-upload the entire export.

OR

#2. Upload each time without the box checked.

Background instructions here:  http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … ntegration

It sounds like #1 is needed if different images in the same page need to belong to different pricing structures.  If all the images are priced the same or belong to the same Fotomoto collection then #1 workflow may not be needed? 

If #1 is needed/beneficial, once the whole export is uploaded and you personally have clicked on enough of the images to ensure that nearly all images are synced with Fotomoto, then when it is time to upload the export with the box unchecked, do you need to upload the whole export, OR for speed purposes (as long as none of the images have been swapped, etc) just need to upload the PHP files since re-uploading all the images files would markedly increase the upload times.

Clarification for #2 since I obviously am playing around with this.  This means that each time the cart button is clicked by a user, it will sync at that time?  But it can only sync with a single Fotomoto collection?

Thanks in advance.

#2 2016-06-12 12:37:32

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Fotomoto, Check-in Images on Page Load for speed

I haven't looked at the Fotomoto stuff in a long time, but you should check-in when creating a new gallery, then it's best to disable it. This is easy to do if you're using CE4 Publisher, as you can have two identical templates -- one that checks in images, and one that does not -- and can switch between them as necessary without having to republish your images.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2016-06-12 13:02:00

leftyimages

Thanks for the quick reply!  Quick clarification/info that I should have provided was that I periodically create separate "Galleries" as a link off my main site and so it is not listed as a separate album in a gallery but in essence as it's own site. Let me know if that makes sense.

So this is built using "CE4 GALLERY" web engine and uploaded manually after export.

Last edited by leftyimages (2016-06-12 13:09:33)

#4 2016-06-13 14:01:58

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I see. Managing the check-in with exported-and-uploaded galleries is more a PITA, as it would require double exports. That's time-consuming.

I'm assuming you're not creating separate subdomains for each gallery. There's no reason you couldn't simply setup a publisher instance to do this for you. For example, my website has two publisher instances, publishing to separate locations:

/galleries, for public viewing.

/private, where I can post protected galleries for clients.

For private galleries, I do not include navigation links back to the root /private gallery index. I mark my galleries as hidden from that index, so even if someone were to navigate there by URL, there would be nothing to see. I then send direct gallery links to my client.

With a setup like this, you can then use publisher to swap templates as needed.

Matt

#5 2016-06-23 06:11:50

leftyimages

Thanks. There were two issues (may have changed or maybe I mis-read). 

#1. I have my main desktop but also my notebook for when traveling. I thought (maybe wrong) that in order to publish/maintain while traveling I can't maintain the publisher from two computers especially since albums not syncing. 

#2. I thought that Password control on the Publisher was not as clean as using HTAAccess on web control panel?

I will try to send you a private email for feedback.

#6 2016-06-23 09:13:15

leftyimages

I am not so much concerned about timing out vs. the "We cannot determine the pricing for this image at this time. Please try again later."  Is this related to the check-in process or just a Fotomoto server issue? Thanks.

#7 2016-06-23 09:46:23

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I don't know. You should probably ask someone at Fotomoto/BayPhoto why pricing cannot be determined. Then, if it's something we can fix in our implementation, we can perhaps take a look at it.

Matt

Board footer