Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-27 12:15:12

nsapc

Fotomoto with CE4

My website at www.nsapc.com includes a newly added ecommerce page "Store" that will open www.nsapc.com/shop integrated with fotomoto created with CE4 Gallery. The shopping cart link appears and works flawlessly when viewed on a pc. Fotomoto tech suport informed me the shopping cart icon will not display on mobile devices or tablets due to a sizing issue which they anticipate will someday be resolved. They do note, however, that access to fotomoto site from these devices should be accomplished by a link icon but none appears. As a result I cannot access the store page from any mobile device or tablet. It this an inherent problem with CE4 or if not, how can I revise the LR6 template to achieve the access

#2 2016-05-27 12:44:27

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Fotomoto with CE4

nsapc wrote:

They do note, however, that access to fotomoto site from these devices should be accomplished by a link icon but none appears. As a result I cannot access the store page from any mobile device or tablet.

I'm not sure what you're attempting to achieve, sorry.

Fotomoto does not function well on mobile, and so it's simply not an option when using the gallery on a mobile device.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2016-05-27 13:19:59

rod barbee
Website

Fotomoto launches on my iPad and iPhone from my CE4 site. The problem is the interface. It's completely unusable on the iPhone. It's mostly usable on the iPad unless you need to drag an image to change a crop.

The cart icon doesn't appear on the thumbnails, but it does for the large images.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2016-05-27 13:21:47

nsapc

Your response that fotomoto is not an option with mobile devices is not unexpected as fotomoto tech support was tentative in asserting "it may work".

#5 2016-05-28 12:05:50

nsapc

To Rod: Can you provide the URL of your site that will launch fotomoto from an iPad? Mine at www.nsapc.com/shop will not open it. Further, is there any required setting in CE4 gallery menu  to achieve this result from the iPad? My CE4 gallery settings appear proper as access to fotomoto from a PC using the cart icon works flawlessly.

#6 2016-05-28 12:11:27

rod barbee
Website

Here's the link to the Fotomoto enabled album
http://rodbarbee.com/galleries/6-prints/

No special setting, just using Magnific for mobile presentation.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2016-06-01 12:23:06

nsapc

I viewed your site and the fotomoto access works fine with a Galaxy phone. Obviously you have functionality lacking in mine. Magnific may be the answer. I viewed its website but not being a programmer, cannot decipher how it operates within a CE 4 gallery to access fotomoto on mobile devices. Can you direct me to a site that may explain how to integrate it into CE4 and LR for the mobile presentation?

#8 2016-06-01 13:03:21

rod barbee
Website

Magnific is one of the presentation options in CE4 Gallery
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … esentation

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2016-06-03 05:31:58

nsapc

Using Magnific was the solution. Thanks.

Board footer