Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-08 16:21:01

alfred

First experience with Backlight and a small issue

After spending a rather relaxed few hours for setting up a Backlight test site in a sub-domain, I have to say: I am impressed!

This is by far less stressful than the experience I went through when upgrading from CE3 to CE4 (which was to be honest to a certain degree a self-made problem). Additionally I have learned a bit while using CE4, but most of my worries have evaporated over the weekend. If I wouldn't have done some special things with Stage I would feel ready to switch, but will probably continue playing a bit with the design before I go ahead.

The small isue I have detected is the following: When creating an Album Set within Galleries via Lightroom and leave the selection of the thumbnail set to "Random" I get nothing. I have to deliberately select an image otherwise no thumbnail is shown. I am pretty sure, CE4 pulled a thumbnail up from one of the contained albums, no?

But all in all, a very easy transition, cool stuff! Give me the Stage functionality and I can go back shooting (apologies for putting up such a request, but  it's all your fault, it went really too smooth ;-) !

#2 2016-05-08 17:52:49

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: First experience with Backlight and a small issue

Specifically, what Stage functionality are you wanting? Stage did a lot of things; which of those things are you missing?

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2016-05-08 18:48:18

alfred

Hi Matthew, I am using the Compare TwentyTwenty  function, it is just so helpful for the stuff I am doing (bird photography and specifically comparing difficult to seperate birds)  - I am a bit afraid I am the only one of the whole CE4 fraternity using it ... ah and I have used Stage for the Vimeo videos, but have not really checked yet if I couldn't do this with Backlight as is.

#4 2016-05-08 22:52:04

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Well, you could probably drop their embed snippets into a page. But that wouldn't let you organize them into a video gallery.

Good to know what you're using. That will help me to prioritize when I start working on the Stage add-on.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#5 2016-05-08 23:10:32

rod barbee
Website

The small isue I have detected is the following: When creating an Album Set within Galleries via Lightroom and leave the selection of the thumbnail set to "Random" I get nothing. I have to deliberately select an image otherwise no thumbnail is shown. I am pretty sure, CE4 pulled a thumbnail up from one of the contained albums, no?

This behaves exactly like it does for CE4.
Lightroom cannot export images with album sets, therefore, if you want random thumbnails to represent an album set you'll need to upload them to the album set's thumbnails/ folder via FTP.
Otherwise, just choose a cover image from the drop-down.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer