Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-07 00:25:33

walter.e

How to control copy on galleries page?

I have set up a test site using Backlight + Pages. It's all working fine, but I'm confused about one thing. I can control the copy on the Home page using the copy fields in Backlight>Designer>Pages>Home>Design. But I don't yet see how to control the copy on the Galleries page, the page to which my albums and album sets are published. (No Galleries page appears in the default list of pages.)

As an alternative approach, I tried creating a separate Albums page. I can control its copy using the copy fields for that page, but I don't yet see how to get my published albums and album sets to appear on that page.

Obviously there is a solution, but after several hours on this I'm still stuck. Thanks in for any help anyone can provide.

Walter

#2 2016-05-07 00:32:28

rod barbee
Website

Re: How to control copy on galleries page?

The copy on the Galleries page is controlled by the Album Set template you're using for that page.

You can assign an album set template to the Galleries page by going to Publisher > Top-level Galleries and click Edit for Galleries.
There's a drop-down for Template.

What I've done is create an Album Set template specifically to use on the Galleries page.
http://backlight.barbeephoto.com/galleries/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-05-07 01:03:59

walter.e

Thanks, Rod! That worked of course. By the way your backlight testing site really helpful; thanks for making that available. I'll be following that.

Walter

#4 2016-05-07 01:16:18

rod barbee
Website

you're welcome smile

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer