Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-05 18:45:56

alfred

Migrating Albums From CE4 to Backlight

Hi there, I have the following question in regard of migrating albums from CE4 to Backlight:

Some of my albums are based on Stage templates, making use of the 20/20 capability (comparing images by the use of a slider). I understand that this functionality is not available from Backlight yet (hope it will come in not too long time ? .... )
Now, what would be the right thing to do when migrating? Do I need to remove all those albums from Publisher first, before migrating or do I just migrate everything as is? What to expect in the latter case?
Thanks Alfred

#2 2016-05-05 22:37:59

rod barbee
Website

Re: Migrating Albums From CE4 to Backlight

If you migrate now, those Stage albums will have a Backlight template applied to them.
You could just migrate now and once the Stage functionality is available, apply a new template to them.

I use a lot of Stage based albums too. But those are in a different Publisher instance with a different top-level gallery folder.

Any chance you can move your Stage albums to another Publisher instance under a different top-level gallery folder?

What I may do is migrate my regular galleries to Backlight and wait until Backlight Stage is available for the rest.
But if you're using Cart or Fotomoto to sell images, you might want to wait to migrate until those features are available

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-05-06 17:53:02

markh
Website

Um...Just got Backlight and pages and have it installed and running, but I don't see the link in Backlight to migrate albums from CE4. Perhaps it is hiding in plain sight?
Mark

Oooops! Never mind, there it is.
M

Last edited by markh (2016-05-06 17:56:11)

#4 2016-05-06 18:52:30

markh
Website

But...Clicking the Migrate link I get this:
"CE4 Publisher was not found"
I have been using CE4 publisher with this site for quite a long time so I'm confused as usual. I can't provide links as this is running in a testing environment. Root directory looks like this:
/backlight
/galleries
/ttg-be/publisher
etc.
This isn't absolutely critical as I'd planned to re-publish all the galleries from scratch but since this is a test site having the galleries migrate easily would have been nice.
Any idea where that error is coming from?

#5 2016-05-06 19:16:01

Ben

Hi Mark, assuming all is in place, I can't explain where that error is coming from.  All the migration process does is copy over ttg-be/data/publisher/master.sq3 to backlight/data/publisher/master.sq3 (with backups made and other checks in the process) then runs the equivalent command of Updating Album Files.  So with care, it could be done manually.

#6 2016-05-06 19:26:25

markh
Website

Thanks Ben. I'll try that....with care.

Seemed to work just fine.
Mark

Last edited by markh (2016-05-06 19:34:15)

Board footer