Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-26 04:25:39

annis.david

Paypal Security Changes

I received an e-mail from PayPal about security upgrades that states " Based on our records, we’ve identified areas that require your attention. It’s not a complete list, but does provide changes we feel you need to make to be ready for the security upgrades."

They list two areas that they believe we need to make a change:
SSL Certificate Upgrade to SHA-256
TLS 1.2 and HTTP/1.1 Upgrade

We are using CE4 Cart version 3.1.4 along with other CE4 modules.

A search of the forums found an assurance that another CE4 module should be compatible but nothing about the cart module. I want to see what changes I need to make to be compliant.

Thanks,
David Annis
http://scottrosenfeldphoto.com/

#2 2016-03-26 07:35:35

Ben

Re: Paypal Security Changes

Hi David, We've found the emails from PayPal to be poorly worded. Only hosts that do not support reasonably modern cyphers will have issues.  Those that have had software updated in the last decade or so shouldn't be affected. 

The PayPal Sandbox has already made the transition.  To verify that your cart will work with the production PayPal, try configuring it to use the Sandbox credentials.  If you are able to click through to PayPal from your cart, then your site won't have any issues.

In the unlikely case that the Sandbox doesn't work (and also assuming that there isn't another issue with the Sandbox at the time, since it has been unreliable of late), then you'll need to take this up with your host.

Board footer