Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-11 02:31:10

AlanSislen

Problem Setting Up CRG

I have been using Publisher for some time and am now trying to setup CRG.  I'm having a problem reaching the Dashboard menu.  I have setup the ttg-be/crg folder.  I used the "retrieve forgotten passwords" because the default didn't work.  I tried both usernames and passwords, but after entering, the Dashboard never appeared - the login screen remained, but nothing happened, regardless of which user/pw I entered.  Any ideas?!
Thanks!

#2 2016-02-11 02:53:51

rod barbee
Website

Re: Problem Setting Up CRG

Make sure of a few things:

You're using the latest versions of TTG-BE, CE4 Publisher, and CRG

You're host complies to the hosting requirements:

Hosting
Linux OS
Apache server
PHP 5.2.6 or newer; PHP 7 not yet supported
SQLite and PDO modules enabled

and it always helps to post a link to your site

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-02-11 04:41:19

AlanSislen

Hi Rod,
Thanks. I am using the latest versions of TTG-BE, CE4 Publisher and CRG.  I'm also using Bluehost, so I assume hosting isn't the problem.  It's probably something very simple and stupid that I've done or haven't done, so hopefully Ben will have an idea!
Alan
www.AlanSislenPhotography.com

#4 2016-02-11 05:57:23

rod barbee
Website

I see what you mean by the log in. Using the standard guest credentials it seems like it's logging in but the login screen stays there without the expected error message.

Try double checking that all the ttg-be components are installed.
I should be able to go here: http://alansislenphotography.com/ttg-be/crg/ and if nothing else, see a client log-in screen. I get an error though.

There should be a crg-default folder inside of the ttg-be/templates/gallery/ folder. Inside of that there should be a couple of folders and a template_crg.php file. Is this the case?

I'd also suggest sending Ben an email that contains what you think your ttg-be admin credentials are. He may also need FTP access to make sure all assets are in place.

You might try re-uploading the ttg-be/admin and ttg-be/framework folders again as outlined in the update instructions in the readme.txt file. Then try logging in again.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2016-02-14 11:19:44

rod barbee
Website

Alan,

did you ever get an answer to this problem?

If not, here's something you can try (at your own risk)

I'd been thinking about this so decided to run a test. In a sub domain I set up a test site with Publisher and published an album to it.

I then changed the Admin username and password and tested. All worked as expected.

Then I tested whether or not I could reset that without accessing TTG-BE but by manipulating the files on line.

Inside the ttg-be/data/ folder you'll see a folder named "admin". This folder is created the first time you log into ttg-be using the default admin login credentials.

So I deleted it and then tried logging into ttg-be using the default credentials. And it worked! The folder was created (again) and, most importantly, I still had control over the album I created with Publisher.

If you try this, be sure to first rename the existing ttg-be/data/admin folder to something else. Then try logging in with the default credentials. If it all goes to hell you can always delete the new folder and rename the old one.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2016-02-14 11:45:28

Ben

Hi Rod, I've been looking into it. The problem is that PHP sessions aren't working, verified by a simple test page. A ticket's been filed with Bluehost.

#7 2016-03-02 09:29:26

AlanSislen

A BIG thanks to Ben and Rod Barbee for helping me to get CRG up and running!  Thanks, guys!  Ben, it works great!

Alan Sislen
www.AlanSislenPhotography.com

Board footer