Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-17 06:44:28

jackm

New Machine - Publishing Question

My iMac died, and I got a new one. I am reinstalling Lightroom and put the TTG plugin in. In Lightroom I don't see the album structure in the Lightroom Publisher Panel. I am opening the backed up Lightroom Catalog. Only difference is the Lightroom catalog is on a external drive now. The regular Lightroom stuff looks fine.
Can you help.

Thanks,

Jack

#2 2016-01-17 07:33:56

rod barbee
Website

Re: New Machine - Publishing Question

if you're working off the same catalog, I believe the Publisher collections should just be there. Have you set up the Publisher instance for those albums?

I've also got my lightroom catalogs on an external drive. That makes no difference. Though I've not tested to see if when accessing my main catalog from my laptop, that my Publisher album structure is the same as on the desktop.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-01-17 11:59:15

jackm

Yes. I thought it would carry over as well. It did not. Not sure what you mean by setting up an instance. I checked the connection and it showed good. Don't know what else to look for.

#4 2016-01-17 13:53:49

rod barbee
Website

An instance of Publisher is just setting it up to publish to a chosen top-level directory. You can have as many as you need.
I'm assuming yours is set to publish to the folder that holds all your albums and album sets? Presumably the galleries/ folder?

Anyway, you might try sending an email to Ben with ttg-be admin credentials.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … g_for_help

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2016-01-18 11:42:27

jackm

An update.

I created a test album to see if it would publish. When I did the album structure returned. What is happening is on the Publisher instance name bar, the expander arrow that is usually on the right side is not visible nor can I make that panel larger to see it. It must expand when you do an action in it. Other non TTG instances are behaving the same. The other panels are OK. I have the 5K iMac and it seems like a scaling issue with that area.

Obviously a Lightroom problem.

TTG Publisher and my published info all seems OK.

Jack

Board footer