Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-28 01:06:54

dvdfan001

enabling cart funtionality via php?

I have setup cart functionality, paypal connection coming next time.
Works fine.

Using Write-in Purchase Buttons I got some problems. They are solved after reading a discussion in the forum about "correct" quotation marks to be used.

Unfortunately I recognized too late that the use of “write-in” purchase buttons is only possible on cart-enabled pages.
I uploaded a new Pages version (with cart enabled function) and it is working fine.

Because I do not want to renew all gallery templates as well as all used auto index templates with enabled cart functionality I'm asking if there might be a way to do this for all of these templates via php setting. Do you have a hopefully positiv feedback for me on this?

Furthermore:
In case that I want for example change the text used in the page footer: also possible via php so that the change will become visible on all other pages?

#2 2015-12-28 02:03:41

rod barbee
Website

Re: enabling cart funtionality via php?

Because I do not want to renew all gallery templates as well as all used auto index templates with enabled cart functionality I'm asking if there might be a way to do this for all of these templates via php setting.

Since cart functionality looks to be called in a script that's in the <head> tag (you can see this by looking at the page's html source code in the browser), you can probably add it there via phplugins.
But unless you're using a lot of different Publisher templates for your albums and album sets, it might just be easier to enable cart functionality in the plug-in and then just updating your templates.

But if you're not using Publisher, then you'd either have to re-export and upload all galleries and autoindexes or you can try copying the script and inserting it via phplugins.

(note that you need cart functionality turned on in all templates, galleries, autoindexes, and other pages so that the Cart status bar will show on all pages in the case that a customer has something in the cart)

Furthermore:
In case that I want for example change the text used in the page footer: also possible via php so that the change will become visible on all other pages?

You can change the wording in the Page Footer section of Site Info

But if you need to do more than that or if you want to affect all pages without needing to make the change in the plug-ins, then you can do it via phplugins using either the ttg_footer_top or ttg_footer_bottom hook, depending on what you want to do. This is exactly what phplugins is for.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … footer_top

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-12-28 03:03:58

dvdfan001

Re: enabling cart funtionality via php?

Thanks Rod:
ttg_footer_top is the timesaver for me ;-)
As far as cart is concerned I will re-export the template, auto index and so on...

Board footer