Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-17 04:23:48

annis.david

Something Went Wrong

We installed and configured the shopping cart. After a long struggle we got to the point where we can click the cart icon and see our options for products and attributes. However, when we click Add to Cart we get a message "Something Went Wrong Please try again later of contact the photographer if this problem persists."

We searched the forum for possible solutions and the only thing we could find was missing shipping charges so we added shipping charges for every product but that does not fix the problem.

A gallery can be found at http://www.scottrosenfeldphoto.com/gall … 6/Riley_J/

Thanks,
David

#2 2015-12-17 05:22:38

rod barbee
Website

Re: Something Went Wrong

the link doesn't work. Can you repost it?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-12-17 06:23:38

slrosenfeld

Hi Rod. Problem solved, by re-uploading the "ttg-be/cart/application/" folder, which we thought to do because earlier, we had gotten a "parsing syntax unexpected "." in line xxx" error message arising from the "ttg-be/cart/application//models" folder. Now everything seems to be working fine.

I do have one questions however, regarding the transaction-less payment gateway, which I've enabled, to allow clients to give me print orders from pre-paid packages. I figured out that clients access this option by clicking the "Proceed to checkout" button, to the left of the "Paypal checkout" button. However, it wasn't clear to me initially that that's what that button was for.  I assumed it was a different way to pay, other than Paypal, where clients would enter credit card info directly, and I think many would make the same mistake.  Also, I don't want clients who don't have pre-paid print credit to easily be able to order without paying. Is there a way to change the wording on that button so instead of saying "proceed to checkout" it could say "submit pre-paid order" or something like that? I poked around the cart settings and didn't see any obvious way. Thanks, in advance for your help.

#4 2015-12-17 06:33:55

rod barbee
Website

Is there a way to change the wording on that button so instead of saying "proceed to checkout" it could say "submit pre-paid order" or something like that?

there sure is. Go to Cart Admin > Localisations.
Click on the Manage Localisation link for the language you want to edit and scroll down to the Buttons area

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-12-17 06:40:52

slrosenfeld

Perfect, just what I was looking for. We had pretty much ignored the Localizations tab, as we had no idea what it was for, but it's a treasure trove of customization options. Thanks!

#6 2015-12-17 06:50:29

rod barbee
Website

you're welcome! smile

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer